Linus Ullmark: Rumors and discussion

GASabresIUFAN

6 hours ago, Rasmus_ said:

Has anyone actually seen any updates on Ullmark, or is this all conjecture at this stage?

6 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

KA said they want him to be number one but he’s chosen to test FA. No doors closed 

Adams said in his post draft presser that McCabe will test FA, but said no such thing about Ullmark, rather he said they are still talking and implied that he hopes to sign him before free agency.

Did you hear him say something different elsewhere?

UPL likely won't be ready to be a starter in 3 years, he isn't even a part timer yet. It's more likely he's never a starter than is, actually. One from the UPL/Portillo/Levi combination? Now we are talking better odds. 

But the Sabres should definitely look for goalies as if those guys aren't a factor, at least if they are trying to win 

9 minutes ago, freester said:

Per Seravelli , Linus asking for 6 years at 6 million. That’s way too much. 

The $, or the term?

We are talking about 3 @ $5 probably getting it done, so I assume you mean the term is too much.  I hate to assume, so what do you think is too much?

I don't really like the 6 years, but the $6 M is not outrageous.

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

UPL likely won't be ready to be a starter in 3 years, he isn't even a part timer yet. It's more likely he's never a starter than is, actually. One from the UPL/Portillo/Levi combination? Now we are talking better odds. 

But the Sabres should definitely look for goalies as if those guys aren't a factor, at least if they are trying to win 

Did you even look at UIlmark's or UPL numbers before this post?  UPL is almost on the exact trajectory as Ullmark completed to get to the NHL.  UPL's 21 year old season is a little more fractured because COVID, but he is tracking just like Ullmark.

Ullmark played in the AHL for most of 3 seasons

at 21  - 3.41 gaa and .902 save %

at 22 - 2.87 gaa and .909 save %

at 23 - 2.44 gaa and .922 save %

UPL actually made the AHL at 20, and last season split his time in Roch and the SM-Ligga

at 20 - 3.15 and .874

at 21 (SM-Liiga) 2.52 & .908, AHL - 3.60 & .888

at 22 ??? He'll be the starter in Rochester this season and if continues to progress, he'll be in Buffalo at age 24, 2 more seasons from now, likely serving as Ullmark's backup.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

What the heck is he smoking?

Its one thing to ask for 5 mil but 6x6mil is so steep I doubt many teams would even look at him at that ask.

He knows that no ufa wants to come to Buffalo so he’s charging a premium to return to the dumpster fire. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Did you even look at UIlmark's or UPL numbers before this post?  UPL is almost on the exact trajectory as Ullmark completed to get to the NHL.  UPL's 21 year old season is a little more fractured because COVID, but he is tracking just like Ullmark.

Ullmark played in the AHL for most of 3 seasons

at 21  - 3.41 gaa and .902 save %

at 22 - 2.87 gaa and .909 save %

at 23 - 2.44 gaa and .922 save %

UPL actually made the AHL at 20, and last season split his time in Roch and the SM-Ligga

at 20 - 3.15 and .874

at 21 (SM-Liiga) 2.52 & .908, AHL - 3.60 & .888

at 22 ??? He'll be the starter in Rochester this season and if continues to progress, he'll be in Buffalo at age 24, 2 more seasons from now, likely serving as Ullmark's backup.

You like to operate by assuming the best possible trajectory of prospects. I don't. Past statistics don't back that up. I would argue Adams agrees with me - if he was penciling in UPL as the starter in 3 years he probably doesn't make Levi the prospect centerpiece of the Reinhart deal. 

I don't really get the "did you even look" wording, for the record. Defensive for no reason, I didn't even quote your post. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Do people think the most likely result is that UPL becomes the starter in 3 years? 

That's we've been told to believe.  All goalie transactions over the past four years and the next two years were to enable the development, arrival, and inevitable contender-caliber goaltending provided by UPL.

Because if he didn't do it, who else was supposed to?

Just now, IKnowPhysics said:

That's we've been told to believe.  All goalie transactions over the past four years and the next two years were to enable the development, arrival, and inevitable contender-caliber goaltending provided by UPL.

Because if he didn't do it, who else was supposed to?

Now there is a pool of 3. 

Goalies don't develop on straight trajectories, until they are literally starting, you don't know if it'll ever happen. They are notoriously difficult to project. 

• Like (+1) 1