Geez Adams Trade Jack Already!

GASabresIUFAN

"It depends," Adams said. "We're not focused on that saying we have to do this. But if it's the right deal and we think makes sense for us as we look to build around a young core of players, then we would do that. But it has to be the right thing for us. It's not something we're just going to do to do it. We have to look at each other in the eye and say this is the best thing for the Buffalo Sabres."

So basically they (Sabres Brass) will only trade if the other team offers up something ridiculous on a silver platter.  From listening and reading the quotes I get no sense of urgency.  I don't think they are even making calls and giving teams trade options or willing to negotiate.

I was led to believe that the best thing for the Sabres was to have players who want to be in Buffalo.  Well currently you don't so it is not the best thing for the Sabres Mr. Adams.  Doing nothing is not the best thing for the Sabres.  Mr. Adams, you told us fans who you wanted as players and so far all we have are empty words and promises.  

2 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

"It depends," Adams said. "We're not focused on that saying we have to do this. But if it's the right deal and we think makes sense for us as we look to build around a young core of players, then we would do that. But it has to be the right thing for us. It's not something we're just going to do to do it. We have to look at each other in the eye and say this is the best thing for the Buffalo Sabres."

So basically they (Sabres Brass) will only trade if the other team offers up something ridiculous on a silver platter.  From listening and reading the quotes I get no sense of urgency.  I don't think they are even making calls and giving teams trade options or willing to negotiate.

I was led to believe that the best thing for the Sabres was to have players who want to be in Buffalo.  Well currently you don't so it is not the best thing for the Sabres Mr. Adams.  Doing nothing is not the best thing for the Sabres.  Mr. Adams, you told us fans who you wanted as players and so far all we have are empty words and promises.  

Disagree.

The worst thing they could do is panic and accept a subpar deal just because.

It could be today, next week, next month or mid-season.... their goal hasn't changed.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

You are making a lot out of one nothing quote.  All he is saying is that they are only willing to make a deal if they it is in the team’s best interest.

Adams simply isn’t going to get up there and say “Yeah, we really feel that we need to trade Eichel in the next 36 hours because he doesn’t want to be here.  We are going to take the best offer we get before then.”

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

You are making a lot out of one nothing quote.  All he is saying is that they are only willing to make a deal if they it is in the team’s best interest.

Adams simply isn’t going to get up there and say “Yeah, we really feel that we need to trade Eichel in the next 36 hours because he doesn’t want to be here.  We are going to take the best offer we get before then.”

I underdstand, It is his words and tone during pre-draft presser that told me he is not "actively" working on adding players who "want to be in Buffalo".  Who want to be a Sabre.  That is what he has been harping on since he got the promotion.  

11 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

I underdstand, It is his words and tone during pre-draft presser that told me he is not "actively" working on adding players who "want to be in Buffalo".  Who want to be a Sabre.  That is what he has been harping on since he got the promotion.  

I think you are reading too much into it.  He didn’t go up there with the idea to accurately convey how player acquisition discussions are going.  He went up there and tried to give away as little actual information as possible.

In other words it’s all BS by design because why would he want to give away information about his negotiating position?

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If the rumor is true, KA getting Ullmark re-signed is a great first step.  Still need a 1B in case of injury, but getting it done already is a real positive.

OK I'll bite. Why do we need a first baseman?

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, rjones71 said:

OK I'll bite. Why do we need a first baseman?

LOL, I actually thought the same thing when I typed it.  obviously Ullmark is the 1a goalie and hopefully we'll get a good goalie who is more then a typical backup and who can be viewed as a 1b goalie.

PS: GO IU Fight Fight Fight!  

4 hours ago, Curt said:

Adams had to trick Ullmark into resigning before he could trade all the other good players.  Strategery.

GMKA: "Linus...trust me when I say, we're not trading 'jack'..."  🕷️🕸️

Ullmark: "Where do I sign?" 🪰

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Like an idiot I keep coming back here today expecting something to actually happen. 

And the entire league is waiting for the first three dominoes to fall -- Eichel, Reinhart, and Ristolainen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.