NHL Fire Sale: Roster Freeze Ends, 1pm eastern, 7/22

LGR4GM

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If next to nothing happens the roster will look a lot better than if Adams makes every move he wants to 

I don't think they are trying to lose, but I do think they aren't going to be prioritizing winning, and that could be just as dangerous. 

Can't agree with you more on the first spot but not on the ending, developing the young guys and team is going to be priority 1 & 2

Winning won't be discouraged but it won't be a top priority either.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I would really like some very dumb stuff to happen today

Well we are all following the Sabres so it's a distinct possibility. Isn't Adams' press conference this morning also?

9 minutes ago, jsb said:

Can't agree with you more on the first spot but not on the ending, developing the young guys and team is going to be priority 1 & 2

This is what I am so afraid of. 

If this organization misses that they need winning to create culture, and not the other way around, we are scoobie-doo-doo-ed. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

This is what I am so afraid of. 

If this organization misses that they need winning to create culture, and not the other way around, we are scoobie-doo-doo-ed. 

Culture creates winning. Winning doesn't create culture IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I suppose it'll be something we can't see eye-to-eye on. I believe in this too strongly. 

I would wager to say, Adams could be a communications savant, he could manually input as much "culture", after purchasing it from the culture section at Walmart, into this team this offseason as humanly possible, but if the team doesn't *win* next season, the players on average are going to be negatively affected mentally rather than positively. Is the better bet that the management team is capable of creating, and maintaining, culture in the midst of another bottom of the league finish? I really don't think so. 

Without the winning, nothing else matters. 

None of the culture Adams seeks to foster will be possible if he doesn't commit a winning roster to the ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I suppose it'll be something we can't see eye-to-eye on. I believe in this too strongly. 

I would wager to say, Adams could be a communications savant, he could manually input as much "culture", after purchasing it from the culture section at Walmart, into this team this offseason as humanly possible, but if the team doesn't *win* next season, the players on average are going to be negatively affected mentally rather than positively. Is the better bet that the management team is capable of creating, and maintaining, culture in the midst of another bottom of the league finish? I really don't think so. 

None of the culture Adams seeks to foster will be possible if he doesn't commit a winning roster to the ice. 

I feel like we are disagreeing with eachother in multiple threads right now hahaha 😄

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

With a complete reset don't expect the culture is toast without winning in year 1.  But you'd better be competitive in all games (regardless of end result and realizing Mittelstadt, Cozens, & Dahlin won't carry them to competitive vs Tampa) and you'd better improve significantly (like 20+ pts) that next year to keep from finding yourself right back where they are today planning to jettison all the movable good players hitting their prime to correct some perceived ills that THEY somehow are responsible for.

It'd be so much easier to just get support for those guys than rebuild and hope the kids can become what they ARE and then bring in support for them because those kids are already finally at the point they CAN support the top.

The only tangible thing getting rid of the "core" does is reset the timeline.   And there are only a handful of people that benefits.  And, we ain't in that handful.  (Realize you already know that.  Wasn't directed at you.)

9 minutes ago, mphs mike said:

Adams had better be set to go when the freeze lifts or a routine press conference that keeps him off the  phone is stupid timing. 

The PC is 10AM.  

The roster freeze lifts 3 hours later at 1PM.

38 minutes ago, jsb said:

Granato said something about "learning to win with the team you've got."  He doesn't put as much pressure on the players themselves, allows mistakes in the interest of development and learning when to take risks or not.  Basically Krueger didn't want them to take any risks so they always played back on their heals.  I think Granato's message will be to learn to play the right way and the winning will come.  Kind of like.... dare I say it.... "Trust the process."

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Correct.  It's like love leads to great sex, not the other way around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Granato said something about "learning to win with the team you've got."  He doesn't put as much pressure on the players themselves, allows mistakes in the interest of development and learning when to take risks or not.  Basically Krueger didn't want them to take any risks so they always played back on their heals.  I think Granato's message will be to learn to play the right way and the winning will come.  Kind of like.... dare I say it.... "Trust the process."

If only it goes that well.  An unexpected playoff round next year would be extraordinarily encouraging.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I blame @pi2000 for not explaining TpRm well enough to Tim Murray and @GASabresIUFANfor going way too easy on Jason Botterill.

LOL, I was never easy on Jbot.  I said at least he had a vision of where he wanted to go with the team unlike TM.  Remember I started the Jbot do something already threads.  I said RK was a bad hire.  I hated the Kane, Miller and Frolik trades among other moves.  My biggest support for Jbot was his better drafting and team vision.  I also didn't destroy him for the ROR trade because I think he was given no choice by TM and still believe that.  

The better drafting is coming true.  Look how many of his guys look to the core of the team going forward.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

LOL, I was never easy on Jbot.  I said at least he had a vision of where he wanted to go with the team unlike TM.  Remember I started the Jbot do something already threads.  I said RK was a bad hire.  I hated the Kane, Miller and Frolik trades among other moves.  My biggest support for Jbot was his better drafting and team vision.  I also didn't destroy him for the ROR trade because I think he was given no choice by TM and still believe that.  

The better drafting is coming true.  Look how many of his guys look to the core of the team going forward.

Way too easy.

😜

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.