Sabres Presser: Thursday 10:00am EST (7/22/2021) - Adams, Karmanos, Forton

WildCard

• WildCard changed the title to Sabres Presser: Thursday Morning (7/22/2021) - Adams, Karmanos, Forton

It's just a very odd time to have a presser unless they don't think they'll need another (i.e. no big trade). The trade freeze doesn't end till 1pm, why not wait to have the presser until after the draft or at least Friday morning.

20 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It's just a very odd time to have a presser unless they don't think they'll need another (i.e. no big trade). The trade freeze doesn't end till 1pm, why not wait to have the presser until after the draft or at least Friday morning.

Sabres do an advance presser before the draft every year. Nothing unusual about this, and the presence of Forton is confirmation.

There will be another Friday night and a final one Saturday night or Sunday morning.

And look at Charlie sliding seamlessly into @Brawndo's shoes. Some fine holiday relief there.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

I'm assuming this is just the usual pre-draft presser to discuss how excited they are to be drafting #1, and other generalities about the draft.

That would be my assumption as well. 

Reminder to everyone the trade freeze does not end until 1pm on Thursday. 

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sabres do an advance presser before the draft every year. Nothing unusual about this, and the presence of Forton is confirmation.

There will be another Friday night and a final one Saturday night or Sunday morning.

And look at Charlie sliding seamlessly into @Brawndo's shoes. Some fine holiday relief there.

Yeah, just a post expansion draft, pre amateur draft press conference I would think.

Charlie taking some time away from Charlie work to do some Brawndo work.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Because it’s about Pegula hats or naming Cody Eakin captain or something equally stupid 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They will announce additional front office staff including Lyle O'Leary and Lance Michael Anson-Orange. 

That's right, Kevyn Adams' staff will consist of JK, LOL and LMAO.

OMG.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

They will announce that Perry's Ice Cream will be introducing three new flavors at KeyBank this Fall...

'Jettisoned Jack'

'Shipped Out Sam'

and

'Ridded o' Risto' 

The proceeds of which will fund the new Jack Eichel Children's Wing at Roswell Park.

• Thanks (+1) 1

There's no reason to speculate on what this is about - it's the post expansion draft/pre amateur draft presser. There is a full zero percent chance it's a transactional presser because of the timing and because you don't announce a presser two days out about a transaction that has yet to be announced.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.