Sabres Preseason Schedule

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

3 ####ing preseason games at home over 9 days that they're charging about 60% of a regular season game for.

#### this horse manure.

Well, at least it doesn't bother you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Gonna be in town the weekend of Oct 2-3 for UB football and the Bills. I guess I could stay another night for the CBJ game.

Responding to your reaction above.  Cool that you like attending pre-season games; more power to you.  But, should my tix get renewed, am not looking forward to dropping about $200 for 3 games that will be played by NHL/AHL hybrid rosters that will take up nearly 6 hours including travel time were we dumb enough to attend that have been problematic at best to even give away even in years that the Sabres have been good. 

When forcing preseason games into ST packages, the games are the equivalent of theft from STHers and upping the # of games charged from 1 or 2 up to 3 should be criminal. (How's that for a "hot take." 😉 )

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Responding to your reaction above.  Cool that you like attending pre-season games; more power to you.  But, should my tix get renewed, am not looking forward to dropping about $200 for 3 games that will be played by NHL/AHL hybrid rosters that will take up nearly 6 hours including travel time were we dumb enough to attend that have been problematic at best to even give away even in years that the Sabres have been good. 

When forcing preseason games into ST packages, the games are the equivalent of theft from STHers and upping the # of games charged from 1 or 2 up to 3 should be criminal. (How's that for a "hot take." 😉 )

I accept preseason games are part of the package. The Bills and NFL charge full boat for their preseason games, of which there are usually 2. (This year just one for the Bills.) It's not something the Pegulas just sprung on fans.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I accept preseason games are part of the package. The Bills and NFL charge full boat for their preseason games, of which there are usually 2. (This year just one for the Bills.) It's not something the Pegulas just sprung on fans.

Except it is.

The Sabres have historically played their "3rd home preseason game" at a neutral site or have been good enough to not include it in the ST package.  The Sabres also have historically sold them in the ST packages at significant discounts.  That they might have included pre-season games in last year's package that were never going to get played really doesn't alter how ####ty this is.

Hope they enjoy those ~$200 because they may miss out on a few $1,000's to gain them.  There is no waiting list & if guys like yours truly are finally close to quitting on this farce, renewals aren't going to be very good.  And crud like this is seriously tone deaf & cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

And, btw, that "no price increase this year, we're so ####ing benevolent" is an 8% increase over the last time seasons were ACTUALLY offered and dispensed.  #### this and the ####ing horse they rode in on.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Except it is.

The Sabres have historically played their "3rd home preseason game" at a neutral site or have been good enough to not include it in the ST package.  The Sabres also have historically sold them in the ST packages at significant discounts.  That they might have included pre-season games in last year's package that were never going to get played really doesn't alter how ####ty this is.

Hope they enjoy those ~$200 because they may miss out on a few $1,000's to gain them.  There is no waiting list & if guys like yours truly are finally close to quitting on this farce, renewals aren't going to be very good.  And crud like this is seriously tone deaf & cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

And, btw, that "no price increase this year, we're so ####ing benevolent" is an 8% increase over the last time seasons were ACTUALLY offered and dispensed.  #### this and the ####ing horse they rode in on.

So a third PS game is sending you over the edge. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Depending on how my work goes, I am willing to purchase preseason games from people.  I love being able to break down the offencive and defencive systems in the preseason because both teams run everything in slow motion.  I can figure out what the likely counter-measures are to our systems and see how the coaching works throughout the year.

Yes, that's really dorky.

Just now, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Depending on how my work goes, I am willing to purchase preseason games from people.  I love being able to break down the offencive and defencive systems in the preseason because both teams run everything in slow motion.  I can figure out what the likely counter-measures are to our systems and see how the coaching works throughout the year.

If could break even with selling ST I’d do it but it’s not at likely this year..

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So a third PS game is sending you over the edge. 

There's a lot going into decisions.  But there's always a straw that puts one over the edge on close decisions.  Maybe this is it.

Just 1 more example of how little they think of their customers and how little they care about them as well.

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

IF mine are renewed can likely give them to you at a very reasonable price.  (Typical price is a beer should we actually meet in person some day.)  (Have to actually renew and then make sure the people that get dibs on them can't go/ don't want them.  Neither is a definite at this point.)

Can't (OK, won't) sell you something with no value.   Just not particularly into scalping.

53 minutes ago, Taro T said:

There is no waiting list & if guys like yours truly are finally close to quitting on this farce, renewals aren't going to be very good.

I was told by someone here(don’t remember who), that because him and six people he knows are all renewing, that there will not be a substantial drop in STH numbers.  

Edited by LabattBlue

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I was told by someone here(don’t remember who), that because him and six people he knows are all renewing, that equals there will not be a substantial drop in STH numbers.  

And that person might be right.  Just would be mildly surprised.  Would expect renewals to be almost down to the bankruptcy years level.  (Stubhub & other ticketing sites being available being the only things keeping them from hitting those depths.)

Should my tix be renewed might change my location.  Have been in the same spot since the MMArena opened.

ALL options are open from telling the team to kiss off to marginally upgrading.  But am very frustrated w/ this team at present.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.