Victor Olofsson number change (confirmed by team)

Hoss

There's a walking test for older people. How fast you can walk a certain distance is correlated to life expectancy. I wonder if the desire to change your number is correlated to a shorter NHL career? Is it good that a player thinks changing his number is going to somehow help?

5 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Bloody hell.  If Eichel goes that's one of my jerseys retired and now my Olofsson 50th is gubbed. At least he'll still be on the team though!! 

And that’s why buying jerseys of current players on current teams IMO isn’t the smartest investment. It’s just a preference of mine… I don’t mean it as a diss to anyone who likes to do that. Retired players jerseys have a lot longer shelf life 😂

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

There's a walking test for older people. How fast you can walk a certain distance is correlated to life expectancy. I wonder if the desire to change your number is correlated to a shorter NHL career? Is it good that a player thinks changing his number is going to somehow help?

We don’t know this is the reason, though.

Also, the Sabres confirmed he has changed to 71.

• Hoss changed the title to Victor Olofsson number change (confirmed by team)
15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

And that’s why buying jerseys of current players on current teams IMO isn’t the smartest investment. It’s just a preference of mine… I don’t mean it as a diss to anyone who likes to do that. Retired players jerseys have a lot longer shelf life 😂

I'll cherish my Stafford Slug forever.  FOREVER.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just for you @Eleven

Derived from ‘gub’, the Scots word for mouth, ‘gubbing’ someone originally meant halting whatever was coming out of their mouth by force.

However, over time the word’s meaning has changed to encompass anything, or anyone, that has fallen into an irretrievable state of disrepair or damage. A person is also gubbed if they have simply run out of steam, and can go no further.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I wish players had to keep the same number for 5 years before being able to switch numbers.  Have a little decency for the fans that shell out money for your uniform!

Honestly,  I don't see the issue.  When I buy a jersey, it becomes a time capsule.  That was a player on my team at that point in time.  If it changes after that, so what?  Teams never stay together for very long anyways.

And all these people who had Eichel 15s and switched them out for 9s..... that's like getting rid of a rookie card.  It's actually cool to have a jersey from when he first came up.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Honestly,  I don't see the issue.  When I buy a jersey, it becomes a time capsule.  That was a player on my team at that point in time.  If it changes after that, so what?  Teams never stay together for very long anyways.

And all these people who had Eichel 15s and switched them out for 9s..... that's like getting rid of a rookie card.  It's actually cool to have a jersey from when he first came up.

Easy for me. I don't buy sports jerseys.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Same. I like my Eichel 15. 

It'll look good on the ice at winnipeg arena when Jack visits next as a member of the minnesota wild 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Radar said:

Easy for me. I don't buy sports jerseys.

I don't buy many.  My hockey collection is 4:  Perreault, Yzerman, Stafford, Reino.  Honestly Staff is the only regrettable one but I'll still wear it once in a while.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.