Victor Olofsson number change (confirmed by team)

Hoss

34 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Meh. Whatever number he takes, is fine. It’s just a number.  He should take 32 or 39 and really aggravate some fans 😂

32 would aggravate fans?  Why?  Because of Rob Ray?  Doubt it.

And 39 is retired.  I was there and still have the little pennant thingy, which I am willing to mail to just about anyone who wants it.

Edited by Eleven

44 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Something this mystery exposed to me: Victor Olofsson and Vin Diesel share a birthday (today)

Goalofsson & Groot share a birthday?

No Schlitz.  Good for him, maybe.  (Where's the :unsure: emoji when you really need it. 😉 )

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If fans are sensitive about Miller's number, they are silly.  He is NOWHERE in range of number retirement.  (But Lafointaine and Gare...I know.)

He’s a more reasonable retirement than several of the names up there so I wouldn’t be shocked or disappointed. I’ll admit it’s partially selfish though because he was THE guy in net when I was becoming a huge hockey/Sabres fan at a much younger age. I normally advocate against overretiring numbers of players who “never won anything.”

Just now, Taro T said:

Goalofsson & Groot share a birthday?

No Schlitz.  Good for him, maybe.  (Where's the :unsure: emoji when you really need it. 😉 )

2 Victor 2 Olofsson

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

If fans are sensitive about Miller's number, they are silly.  He is NOWHERE in range of number retirement.  (But Lafointaine and Gare...I know.)

For the record, I only believe the Sabres should have retired two numbers: 11 and 39.

But if the standard is Gare and Robert, then Miller absolutely deserves it.

On topic, maybe that’s a Jesper Olofsson jersey?

Wonder if his contract rolled over and he’s coming over this year?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

For the record, I only believe the Sabres should have retired two numbers: 11 and 39.

I always have been of this opinion (it is on record here), but... if a player dies while on a team, no one wears that number ever.  It doesn't merit a banner, but no one should wear 2.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.