Jeff Skinner Agrees to waive His NMC for Expansion Draft

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Jeff Skinner Agrees to waive His NMC for Expansion Draft

Holy *****.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Doubt it.  Huge contract.  But it does mean that the Sabres can protect one more forward.

Probably this. But it does make me wonder if Jeff knows Jack is leaving and we're in for a rebuild so he wants out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would note that Skinner does not have a signing bonus until next year and that might appeal to Seattle as they get their feet wet. His 9mil in cap depending on their expansion list could be very useful against their floor. Further many of the underlying shot generating metrics and penalty drawing metrics remained even as his production cratered. 6 years though, seems like a lot. 

I would guess that Buffalo has something in place for Seattle to get a 5th and take Miller. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would note that Skinner does not have a signing bonus until next year and that might appeal to Seattle as they get their feet wet. His 9mil in cap depending on their expansion list could be very useful against their floor. Further many of the underlying shot generating metrics and penalty drawing metrics remained even as his production cratered. 6 years though, seems like a lot. 

I would guess that Buffalo has something in place for Seattle to get a 5th and take Miller. 

If the Sabres had a deal in place why would the Skinner move be necessary?

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.