Best movie endings

PASabreFan

I watched The Shawshank Redemption for about the 40th time the other day. The ending is sublime. Freeman voiceover: "I hope..." The wind blowing Red's hat off on the beach was perfect and probably not anticipated.

Others?

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

there are so many that i can think of off the top of my head. sixth sense, odd thomas, but the one that surprised me more than any was The Others. 

on the others i thought the whole movie was pretty boring, it had some good scenes, but overall was just OK...until the end

Edited by Mike Honcho

16 hours ago, Kong said:

Ed Wood's "Bride of the Monster."

All great movies end with a great big EXPLOSION.

"He tampered in God's domain."

Love the Bride of the Monster explosion. They're standing 30 feet away!!!! And of course, MST3K does that episode (and it's tied to Manos with the lovely car-selling short "Hired!").

In a similar vein of explosion... great movies also end a "big meaning" monologue. Our owners/GMs could learn a lot from Peter Graves.... as could we all.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.