Can we get rid of the rocket ships and return to the old avatar format please?

Eleven

I remember working retail in a small unassuming place when our manager gave us a pep talk how the place was a "rocket ship." I still remember that speech and not in a good way, as the place is now out of business.

• Haha (+1) 1

Despite no one bothering to ask why, I’ll answer the obvious question anyway.

The change is a result of an update I did a couple days ago and in that update they revamped their awards system. Because of that, they changed the stock design template and right now there is a rocket ship as a generic icon for all levels.

I was unaware that this would be changed and it will take time for me to customize it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Kong said:

I remember working retail in a small unassuming place when our manager gave us a pep talk how the place was a "rocket ship." I still remember that speech and not in a good way, as the place is now out of business.

This evocative memory made me think of this internet classic.

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Despite no one bothering to ask why, I’ll answer the obvious question anyway.

The change is a result of an update I did a couple days ago and in that update they revamped their awards system. Because of that, they changed the stock design template and right now there is a rocket ship as a generic icon for all levels.

I was unaware that this would be changed and it will take time for me to customize it.

But, like, why take the time to do that?

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

What? You didn't read all the Terms and Conditions before clicking Accept???

But seriously, even if the release says that they revamped a feature, they don’t tell you about  the accompanying graphical design changes in the interface. You only learn about these things after installation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I used to hear a sound when someone responded to my post. I don't hear it now. Am I going deaf? Or is it an individual setting issue or a general change in settings? 

Honestly that sound was an annoyance. I work in sound and would leave SS or TBD up on my browser and that "doink" would end up in a recording.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Honestly that sound was an annoyance. I work in sound and would leave SS or TBD up on my browser and that "doink" would end up in a recording.

That sound could be turned off in your preferences.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Some people like chocolate while others like vanilla. I liked the "doink". Personal preferences usually can't be explained. I have nothing but admiration for @SDS because on his own time he provides a service that will never satisfy everyone. I thank him and salute him for his efforts. 🍺

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Some people like chocolate while others like vanilla. I liked the "doink". Personal preferences usually can't be explained. I have nothing but admiration for @SDS because on his own time he provides a service that will never satisfy everyone. I thank him and salute him for his efforts. 🍺

I'm pretty sure everyone is satisfied with and appreciative of the service (the message board and how it works). It's the moderation that will never satisfy everyone. And, ya know, other peoples' opinions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.