Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

3 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Cute reply, but not really. Solid posters here don’t grow on trees. 

It’s fine to be sad Modo left, but I just thought it was funny that you mixed it in the middle of several reasons that Sabres could/should have resigned Ullmark.

I just don’t think that retaining the SabreSpace poster Modo was on Adams’ radar when making the decisions on Ullmark, rightly or wrongly.

@MODO Hockey is a good guy and has been through a lot.  His mom died of cancer pretty recently.  He loved Linus and has followed him his whole career.  He became a Sabre fan because Linus was a Sabre.  He travelled from Sweden to Buffalo and Rochester and is an all round great guy.

He wore his heart on his sleve and the departure of Linus was just the final straw that broke him and he likely not only left this message board, but probably the Sabres fandom as well.

It's not a big deal that he left the board really, but he was a good contributer here and will be missed.  I don't think we should be making light of it.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

@MODO Hockey is a good guy and has been through a lot.  His mom died of cancer pretty recently.  He loved Linus and has followed him his whole career.  He became a Sabre fan because Linus was a Sabre.  He travelled from Sweden to Buffalo and Rochester and is an all round great guy.

He wore his heart on his sleve and the departure of Linus was just the final straw that broke him and he likely not only left this message board, but probably the Sabres fandom as well.

It's not a big deal that he left the board really, but he was a good contributer here and will be missed.  I don't think we should be making light of it.

Solid post. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/19/2021 at 11:18 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

I'm sure he will pop in now and then still.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/20/2021 at 12:33 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

The US extended the land border closing with Canada to at least Oct 21. So no Canadians at Sabres or Bills games for a while longer.

I have a dark Kachina jersey that I love. Glad to see it back.

I think it’s the most hideous logo in the history of logos.  I don’t understand the appeal.  It’s looks like a werewolf with a broken arm and a personality disorder.  If someone told me to design the ugliest jersey possible, this is what is would look like.  

Are y’all Arizona tea fans or something?

• Like (+1) 3

I'm seeing the Yotes singed Galchenyuk to a PTO and the Red Wings singed Bobby Ryan to a PTO - would hope the sabres sign one of these washed up centers to be sacrificed as our #1 center so our young kids don't have their morale kicked in their skull each night (while giving the over the hill guys one more shot for glory).

Also, the Yotes Kachina jersey is the greatest jersey of all time.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I think it’s the most hideous logo in the history of logos.  I don’t understand the appeal.  It’s looks like a werewolf with a broken arm and a personality disorder.  If someone told me to design the ugliest jersey possible, this is what is would look like.  

I think the logo is fantastic. And, yes, that motif is tied closely to Native American art of that region, which makes it even better. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I love it, but you forgot it also looks like he got shot through the chest with a cannonball.

• Haha (+1) 1

Kaprizov bent the Wild over.

Leveraging one 50 point season into 45 million while only giving up 2 UFA years?

I mean, the dude is good and it might be worth it, but I can’t recall anyone getting such a player-friendly contract with so little on his resume.

• Like (+1) 2