Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

34 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd love the kid but we lack a 2nd random 1st and have a backlog of LHDs

We can’t pay that price because of the lack of picks (our firsts are way too valuable) and I agree on the LHD issue but this kid is legit and would be a big get.

28 minutes ago, jsb said:

Dang l understand blowing it up but trading your young guys to?? 2 1sts for Chychrun and we can’t get 4 for Jack because it's too much??

I really have no clue what’s going on with Arizona. I think their financial situation is in a constantly dire state and they never have money to put it all together. They should move.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

We can’t pay that price because of the lack of picks (our firsts are way too valuable) and I agree on the LHD issue but this kid is legit and would be a big get.

I really have no clue what’s going on with Arizona. I think their financial situation is in a constantly dire state and they never have money to put it all together. They should move.

Well the idea would be to acquire a 3rd 1st in 2022 and then deal FLA's plus the new 1st to get him.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

They're bucking for relegation. They should move, and sell too. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

They just lost their lease and have nowhere to play after next season. Glendale refused to renew their lease essentially because they saw the Coyotes as a drag on the arena's revenue and they felt they could do better by opening up those dates to other events. That's a damning statement if I ever saw one. They kicked out a professional sports team.  Kicked them out!  Apparently the Yotes are looking into building a facility in Tempe and having temporary housing in the interim but that is still in the proposal phase and far from a done deal. I'd imagine they are going to have to pay for most, if not all, of this themselves so that would explain the salary and asset purge in progress. 

Right. I’m aware. It’s a bad situation all around. I don’t know if they’ll be able to find a home outside of Arizona this quickly but it’s a mess the league can’t just keep acting like isn’t there.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Right. I’m aware. It’s a bad situation all around. I don’t know if they’ll be able to find a home outside of Arizona this quickly but it’s a mess the league can’t just keep acting like isn’t there.

Houston is apparently ready to step in.

https://blackoutdallas.com/2021/08/21/arizona-coyotes-fiasco-dallas-stars/

10 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I'd trade Johnson, FLA's 1st, and our 2nds in 2022 and 23 for Chychrun. Shift Dahlin to the right side and in a year we could run

Chychrun - Dahlin

Power - Jokiharju

Samuelsson - Insert Vet Here

That would certainly be a damn good D core.

Seeing how he's best friends with Pegulas I could see it . 

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The Pegulas. Chychrun was their neighbor growing up. I don’t know how recently they lived near each other, though.

Chychrun was a neighbor of theirs while he was growing up and Murray STILL took Nylander?!?  Wtf?

Even worse than passing on Farrance.  

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Chychrun was a neighbor of theirs while he was growing up and Murray STILL took Nylander?!?  Wtf?

Even worse than passing on Farrance.  

I remember this being a heavily discussed topic at the time and Chychrun being a popular pick for us on here and in mocks. I remember a picture of Chychrun at Canalside either for the draft or for the draft combine and everyone commented on it being him in his new home.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The Pegulas. Chychrun was their neighbor growing up. I don’t know how recently they lived near each other, though.

Pegulas, Sabres have inside knowledge with top-ranked defenseman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/pegulas-sabres-have-inside-knowledge-with-top-ranked-defenseman/article_b97ff175-c3b0-538b-a509-b582e201e1fa.amp.html

Edited by Buffalonill

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

Because the Pegulas were meddling--oh wait.

Begs to question if they were more or less "hands off" with Murray; then went overly "hands on" with Botts in reaction to what had happened. Perhaps Adams was a person they felt they could trust not to take advantage of them without requiring them to continuously meddle. I'd guess Terry wants to win; and like us is a fan of the team and meddles more akin to how we would if we were in his position. Kim is a bit harder to get a real gauge on; her upbringing should point to a very good person whereas the stories of her seem to wildly sway between black widow and baking cookies for the coaches and scouts.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:05 PM, Let's Go B-Lo said:

They just lost their lease and have nowhere to play after next season. Glendale refused to renew their lease essentially because they saw the Coyotes as a drag on the arena's revenue and they felt they could do better by opening up those dates to other events. That's a damning statement if I ever saw one. They kicked out a professional sports team.  Kicked them out!  Apparently the Yotes are looking into building a facility in Tempe and having temporary housing in the interim but that is still in the proposal phase and far from a done deal. I'd imagine they are going to have to pay for most, if not all, of this themselves so that would explain the salary and asset purge in progress. 

The Tempe site would also include shops, bars, restaurants, so I would think the city put in some cash too. Should have some answers by year end, but they will need to find a place to play for 2 or 3 years. They really need to stay in Glendale til a new arena is built, nowhere else to play.