Around the NHL: 2020-2021

WildCard

Nugent-Hopkins deal is very notable.

First long-term UFA contract post-pandemic, other than Pietrangelo, who is on another tier.

$5 million AAV is significantly lower than one would expect.

Very much a Reinhart comparable.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Nugent-Hopkins deal is very notable.

First long-term UFA contract post-pandemic, other than Pietrangelo, who is on another tier.

$5 million AAV is significantly lower than one would expect.

Very much a Reinhart comparable.

Maybe we can keep Reinhart with $7M?  That's where I am absolutely willing to go.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Maybe we can keep Reinhart with $7M?  That's where I am absolutely willing to go.

So you're looking at a comparable guy who signs long term for 5 and you think Sam deserves 2 more per year? Are you Skinner's agent by any chance?  🙂

I think all of our trades will be after the expansion draft. We are supposedly only looking for prospects and picks, futures, so no team is going to want to lose another roster spot and expose a player before the draft by making the deal. I expect a flurry of activity right after the expansion draft is over. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So you're looking at a comparable guy who signs long term for 5 and you think Sam deserves 2 more per year? Are you Skinner's agent by any chance?  🙂

I think all of our trades will be after the expansion draft. We are supposedly only looking for prospects and picks, futures, so no team is going to want to lose another roster spot and expose a player before the draft by making the deal. I expect a flurry of activity right after the expansion draft is over. 

The one deal that MIGHT happen prior to the draft is IF Ristolainen will get traded in a package that brings back a goalie as the key piece of the package.  Tbat would let the Sabres keep Borgen and allow the other team to lose their 4th D-man rather than their 2nd goalie.  Depending on how the rest of their trade partner's D shapes up, it might make sense to both sides.  

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The one deal that MIGHT happen prior to the draft is IF Ristolainen will get traded in a package that brings back a goalie as the key piece of the package.  Tbat would let the Sabres keep Borgen and allow the other team to lose their 4th D-man rather than their 2nd goalie.  Depending on how the rest of their trade partner's D shapes up, it might make sense to both sides.  

Like who?  Of the teams that will most likely lose a goalie (Vancouver, Montreal, Minnesota, Dallas) I can’t see Risto replacing any of the current number three defenseman on the protection list.  Maybe Myers in Vancouver. 

27 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Like who?  Of the teams that will most likely lose a goalie (Vancouver, Montreal, Minnesota, Dallas) I can’t see Risto replacing any of the current number three defenseman on the protection list.  Maybe Myers in Vancouver. 

Vancouver, Columbus, ???.

Just now, Broken Ankles said:

Elvis is exempt, and Holtby has a modified NTC.  Wouldn’t surprise me if Buffalo is on his list .  And it’s a toss up as to whether Risto would be protected over Vancouver’s D.  

OK.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Would be good for us, but I doubt this happens. I'm actually starting to think of the 3, Risto will still be on our roster, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Would be good for us, but I doubt this happens. I'm actually starting to think of the 3, Risto will still be on our roster, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

Doubt it as well.  But COULD see that sort of deal happen before Seattle takes guys.  The rest of the moves though, liked you'd stated, would be really surprised if they happened prior to the expansion draft.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting they threw in the 2nd...that to me works one of two ways.

That's the Kings saying we're in it to win now, we're comfortable moving picks/prospects

Or

The Kings saying this is our move, we're comfortable moving these picks because we have Byfield and Turcotte 

Just now, WildCard said:

Interesting they threw in the 2nd...that to me works one of two ways.

That's the Kings saying we're in it to win now, we're comfortable moving picks/prospects

Or

The Kings saying this is our move, we're comfortable moving these picks because we have Byfield and Turcotte 

They also still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They also still have a 2nd and 3rd round pick

I did not know that, interesting

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Kings are going all in for jack eichel 

Why would you make this move then

This move for a LW makes me think they want Eichel more

• Like (+1) 1