Official Sam Ventura Hired as VP of Hockey Strategy and Research

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, YouDigg said:

I do not understand how this guy was available to he hired by the Sabres.  

He was just promoted by the Penguins to “director of hockey operations and hockey research” in NOV 2020.  What am I missing here?

I suppose his post with us counts as a promotion?

41 minutes ago, YouDigg said:

He was just promoted by the Penguins to “director of hockey operations and hockey research” in NOV 2020.  What am I missing here?

Burke and Hextall are not known for Their Love of Analytics. 

Jason Karmanos hired Him and they have a great relationship. I imagine he has some reassurance that His Decisions will be acted upon. It really is a Good Hire for the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Gotcha.

It's passing the sniff test that it may be one of the better run Sabres teams we have seen since the *old days* of Darcy and company. A good person brings in a good person, who reaches out to another good person. The timing on this hire is very significant also.

In what way do you think?

I'm hoping it's a sign to show Jack we mean business about getting things right this year, so stick around.  

2 hours ago, YouDigg said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$

45 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

I'm hoping it's a sign to show Jack we mean business about getting things right this year, so stick around.  

Jack Eichel won’t put on a Sabres sweater again 

51 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

We get a *stats guru* right before the busiest month of the year between the draft ,trades and ufa pick ups. I'm a assuming he has numbers on just about everyone.

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Great.  Next year is significantly better than this years draft class. 

If the NHL leaves the divisions as they are we will be picking a high draft pick. We may be super competitive night after night but it's going to be tough for a young team to win.

Edited by woods-racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.