Summer Hockey (OT?)

steveoath

"Before the 2014 trade deadline, former Sabres general manager Tim Murray made a significant trade just weeks into his tenure, sending two second-round picks and defenseman Brayden McNabb to the Los Angeles Kings. The prize return was a youngster named Hudson Fasching". 🤮

That trade HURT a lot! As we all know, McNabb is a stud for the Golden Knights now.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

"Before the 2014 trade deadline, former Sabres general manager Tim Murray made a significant trade just weeks into his tenure, sending two second-round picks and defenseman Brayden McNabb to the Los Angeles Kings. The prize return was a youngster named Hudson Fasching". 🤮

That trade HURT a lot! As we all know, McNabb is a stud for the Golden Knights now.

Inexcusable trade. McNabb looked great for us. Was excited to see him play and then he was gone. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Hawerchuk said:

Fasching is 25 now with 3 points... another GMTM swing and a miss.  

Lehner and legwands expiring for a 1st.  Bogosians huge contract.  3rd for vesey's rights.  Pysyk for kulikov.  

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Inexcusable trade. McNabb looked great for us. Was excited to see him play and then he was gone. 

Who needs a physical presence on the blueline?  Don’t you know the answer is to have 7 PMD who don’t have a clue how to play in their own end.  

McNabb is a holdover from an era of hockey that is gone forever. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Who needs a physical presence on the blueline?  Don’t you know the answer is to have 7 PMD who don’t have a clue how to play in their own end.  

McNabb is a holdover from an era of hockey that is gone forever. 

I know you're being sarcastic but when i read this sentence i thought - ah yes, the era of playoff hockey... remember that?

1 hour ago, Drag0nDan said:

I know you're being sarcastic but when i read this sentence i thought - ah yes, the era of playoff hockey... remember that?

Yes.  I’m not saying you want a McNabb type in your top pair, but if a team can’t find a place for a player like him in the top 6, then they will have a tough time beinmg successful in the playoffs. 

On 6/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, LabattBlue said:

Yes.  I’m not saying you want a McNabb type in your top pair, but if a team can’t find a place for a player like him in the top 6, then they will have a tough time beinmg successful in the playoffs. 

I know buffalo tried to find that stay at home guy a few different times with kulikov and gorges, they just work out.  Injuries, skating, fit - none of it worked.  I think Buffalo had a guy like that in McCabe - but risto is just too inconsistent to be paired there.  You don't need like, a skater like dahlin next to him but you need someone who can make accurate breakout passes and quick decisions.  Risto isn't particularly good at either.  Gone are the days of the tallinder/lydman pairing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.