Rene Robert has died.

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Throw in some stents, mix in a bypass or four, and give that man a beer and nails for breakfast.

I had my "widow maker artery" stented now almost twenty years ago but my heart damage was minimal. Sounds like this could be severe. Prayers for him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Leaf Blower said:

Growing up in Cheektowaga, me and my two older brothers played street hockey.

We pretended to be the FC. I was Rene Robert. 

Get well and God Bless my hero. 

You didn't have to say you were the youngest of the 3.  Simply telling us you got "stuck" being Robert would've said that all by itself.  😉

#14 - get well soon.  Plaese don't hurry off yet.  Rico'll be waiting for you and Bert at the bar w/ a good single barrel malt & stogies.  But, he's still golfing & in no rush to get there.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Rene Robert for Eddie Shack. probably the greatest trade the Sabres ever made. 

Hope he has a full recovery. One of the greats. 

Yes, it was a fine trade.  One of many by Punch. 

The French Connection was a joy to watch.  They had many games were they were just unstoppable. Robert was a fine two way winger.  He really were no weak points to his game and he fit in perfect with Gilbert and Rico 

• Like (+1) 5

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

You didn't have to say you were the youngest of the 3.  Simply telling us you got "stuck" being Robert would've said that all by itself.  😉

#14 - get well soon.  Plaese don't hurry off yet.  Rico'll be waiting for you and Bert at the bar w/ a good single barrel malt & stogies.  But, he's still golfing & in no rush to get there.

Well - Certainly the oldest was GP, Martin next.

Yet somehow, I am, and was, cool with that. being the unheralded one.

If we were girls, I'd have been the Kate Jackson of Charlie's Angels I suppose. She was my favorite of the 3.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, it was a fine trade.  One of many by Punch. 

The French Connection was a joy to watch.  They had many games were they were just unstoppable. Robert was a fine two way winger.  He really were no weak points to his game and he fit in perfect with Gilbert and Rico 

One of the best forwards to ever play the point on the power play.

• Like (+1) 1

Robert led the Sabres in goal scoring (5) in their very first playoff series in the 1972-73 season.  One of those goals was the OT winner in Game Five.  The game was interesting in part because of a bizarre measurement of Hab’s goalie Ken Dryden pads that led to a Sabres power play into OT.   While not scoring on the PP, the game winner followed soon after.

The French Connection was one of the greatest lines in NHL history.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.