Jump to content

Rene Robert has died.


Eleven
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Throw in some stents, mix in a bypass or four, and give that man a beer and nails for breakfast.

I had my "widow maker artery" stented now almost twenty years ago but my heart damage was minimal. Sounds like this could be severe. Prayers for him.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leaf Blower said:

Growing up in Cheektowaga, me and my two older brothers played street hockey.

We pretended to be the FC. I was Rene Robert. 

 

Get well and God Bless my hero. 

 

You didn't have to say you were the youngest of the 3.  Simply telling us you got "stuck" being Robert would've said that all by itself.  😉

#14 - get well soon.  Plaese don't hurry off yet.  Rico'll be waiting for you and Bert at the bar w/ a good single barrel malt & stogies.  But, he's still golfing & in no rush to get there.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Rene Robert for Eddie Shack. probably the greatest trade the Sabres ever made. 

Hope he has a full recovery. One of the greats. 

Yes, it was a fine trade.  One of many by Punch. 
 

The French Connection was a joy to watch.  They had many games were they were just unstoppable. Robert was a fine two way winger.  He really were no weak points to his game and he fit in perfect with Gilbert and Rico 

  • Like (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Taro T said:

You didn't have to say you were the youngest of the 3.  Simply telling us you got "stuck" being Robert would've said that all by itself.  😉

#14 - get well soon.  Plaese don't hurry off yet.  Rico'll be waiting for you and Bert at the bar w/ a good single barrel malt & stogies.  But, he's still golfing & in no rush to get there.

Well - Certainly the oldest was GP, Martin next.

Yet somehow, I am, and was, cool with that. being the unheralded one.

 

If we were girls, I'd have been the Kate Jackson of Charlie's Angels I suppose. She was my favorite of the 3.  

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, it was a fine trade.  One of many by Punch. 
 

The French Connection was a joy to watch.  They had many games were they were just unstoppable. Robert was a fine two way winger.  He really were no weak points to his game and he fit in perfect with Gilbert and Rico 

One of the best forwards to ever play the point on the power play.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Rene Robert for Eddie Shack. probably the greatest trade the Sabres ever made. 

Hope he has a full recovery. One of the greats. 

Rene and Hasek! Great Sabre moves.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robert led the Sabres in goal scoring (5) in their very first playoff series in the 1972-73 season.  One of those goals was the OT winner in Game Five.  The game was interesting in part because of a bizarre measurement of Hab’s goalie Ken Dryden pads that led to a Sabres power play into OT.   While not scoring on the PP, the game winner followed soon after.

The French Connection was one of the greatest lines in NHL history.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Eleven changed the title to Rene Robert has died.
  • spndnchz locked and unlocked this topic
  • spndnchz pinned this topic
  • spndnchz unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...