John Wawrow says the Coaching Search Should be Completed Within the Week

Brawndo

JW was on the Tim Graham and Friends Podcast, He took a call in the middle of it.  He came back and reported Breaking News that the Sabres HC Search should be complete within the week. 

The finalist or finalists will be taken to Florida to meet with the Pegulas. 

Graham did joke that there will be more employees on the Yacht then in the Sabres Hockey Ops Department.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brawndo said:

JW was on the Tim Graham and Friends Podcast, He took a call in the middle of it.  He came back and reported Breaking News that the Sabres HC Search should be complete within the week. 

Graham did joke that there will be more employees on the Yacht then in the Sabres Hockey Ops Department.

Not Funny Reaction GIF

23 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I think it depends if they want to wait to talk to Lambert or not.

Granato, Boudreau, Gronberg, Leaman are probably in the mix.

Edited by Flashsabre

20 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Granato already met with Adams today. Wonder if it was good news or bad?

I don’t think this coinciding with the Brind’Amour timing was coincidental.

The meeting today was either to offer him the job, or tell him it was being offered to someone else.

I wonder if it was Donnie all along, unless Rod shook loose. I wonder how serious all these other interviews were.

I also wonder if the Florida trip is a rubber stamp, or a final test - the “second interview”

I wonder how much interaction Donnie has had with Terry?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

it S either to offer him the job, or tell him it was being offered to someone else.

I wonder if the Florida trip is a rubber stamp, or a final test - the “second interview”

I wonder how much interaction Donnie has had with Terry?

Terry probably spent several hours explaining why Zemgus is important and why Ristolainen needs more ice time. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Terry probably spent several hours explaining why Zemgus is important and why Ristolainen needs more ice time. 

Terry: “Have you seen this Corey Perry kid for Montreal? I like him. I have instructed Kevyn to sign him to a max contract. Going to have him play 2nd line Centre for us.”

Granato just throws his papers in the air and walks out.🤪

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Terry: “Have you seen this Corey Perry kid for Montreal? I like him. I have instructed Kevyn to sign him to a max contract. Going to have him play 2nd line Centre for us.”

Live look in on Donny Granato...

Tv Land Reaction GIF by #Impastor

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

And that kid with all the Ks in his name, did you hear he was actually OHL MVP? 
A goalie, who would have thought that could happen, right?

Anyways, make sure he’s starting opening night. I’m tired of driving to Rochester to watch him play.

Good goalies always look better in the NHL than they do down there.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I do trust Tom Webster when He says that there are people who will be hired for hockey Ops that are currently employed by other teams until after the draft

Never trust Tom Webster.  I traded him to get Crozier because I knew we needed a goalie before anything else … to steal a few and keep us close most of the time.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Since some have speculated that this move may follow the Eichel trade, does that mean we see that happen in the next week as well? Brawndo, please draw plot showing normalized probability of Jack's trade by date

@carpandean is our resident plot maker.

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's going to be Granato. Deep down you all know it. 

EXACTLY!

.....and the nominees for the next Sabres' coach is......Don Granato, second is.....Don Granato, and last is......Don Granato.  

....and the winner is.....DON GRANATO

This HC search has as much drama and excitement as the Academy awards.  It was a pretend search exercise all along and the outcome was certain a long time ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's time that the franchise be run in an orderly and professional way. The situation that KA inherited included a coach he didn't hire and whose strongly held views devastated the operation. My impression of KA is that he is deliberative and detail oriented. He seems to recognize the importance of rebuilding the organization that was deliberately stripped. I like his Karmanos hiring. And I'm assuming that Granato will be hired soon. That will be a good hire. 

Yesterday, I again listened to KA's post season comments after the Jack interview. The repeated  theme of his comments to the press was that he is excited about the enthusiasm of the young players.  And he was close to being explicit that he was going to shed players who don't want to be here. So there is no mystery about  what Jack, Risto and Reinhart's status are. Next year's team is going to be rebuilt around the young core who are bought in and committed to being here.  Now let's wait and see what the return will be for these burnt out players who were tired of the situation they are in. Giving them a fresh start is the right thing for them and for the organization. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I’m waiting to hear that Granato flew to Florida to meet with the Pegulas and they had no idea that he coached the team for the last part of the season.😆

Terry: "You're not Ralph... what happened to Ralph?" 

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.