OT - Herb Tarlek follows Greenpeace into the Great Beyond

Taro T

35 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Omg! They’re turkeys!!! 

That was arguably the funniest TV episide ever, from Johnny's reply of "I do" when asked by the Big Guy "do I hear dogs barking" while listening to Floyd's "Dogs" to his response to Bailey's question of whether to give away Boston or Foreigner T-shirts, to Art trying to get Jennifer to help with his meeting, to the broadcast of the "major event," to the classic line quoted above and so many other more subtle lines.  That whole episode was tight.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

That was arguably the funniest TV episide ever, from Johnny's reply of "I do" when asked by the Big Guy "do I hear dogs barking" while listening to Floyd's "Dogs" to his response to Bailey's question of whether to give away Boston or Foreigner T-shirts, to Art trying to get Jennifer to help with his meeting, to the broadcast of the "major event," to the classic line quoted above and so many other more subtle lines.  That whole episode was tight.

Loved it! I also loved the Sunday morning preacher episode with the guy who threw people into soda pop machines and sold indulgences and steak knives, lol. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Loved it! I also loved the Sunday morning preacher episode with the guy who threw people into soda pop machines and sold indulgences and steak knives, lol. 

Watched "Frog Story" after heard about Frank's passing.  We were rolling.

So many great episodes:

Hoodlum Rock

Turkeys Away

The Contest Nobody Could Win

A Commercial Break

Fish Story

Baseball

Carlson for President

The Americanization of Ivan

Jennifer Moves

Hotel Oceanview

Bah Humbug

Frog Story

A Simple Little Wedding

The Consultant

Fire

All of those with just such great writing.  There really wasn't a clunker episode out of the whole batch of 88 shows.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Best line by Les has got to be when he was covering the swim meeting and the participants were breast stroking.

Even the beautiful Jennifer thought that one was a bit off.

So many great moments ...

Les 'eye witness weather' ... well, Andy, I look out the window and witness the weather

Les's 5 Buckeye State News Hawk awards and his award winning (I believe all 5 were) 'hog reports'

And who could forget his traffic reports from a helocopter, who the Big Guy's mother would never pay for, so Les used to beat on his chest and tell all the listeners that 'traffic was light to heavy'.

And Johnny's ... emphatic 'bugger!!', which got him fired from his last gig

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Best line by Les has got to be when he was covering the swim meeting and the participants were breast stroking.

Les 'eye witness weather' ... well, Andy, I look out the window and witness the weather

Les's 5 Buckeye State News Hawk awards and his award winning (I believe all 5 were) 'hog reports'

And who could forget his traffic reports from a helocopter, who the Big Guy's mother would never pay for, so Les used to beat on his chest and tell all the listeners that 'traffic was light to heavy'.

Booger!!!! 😆 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Jennifer was just eye candy. She was highest paid personnel at WKRP.  Bailey, a bobcat in the sack. 

I won't dispute "eye candy", but she was smart. She wasn't a "dumb blonde". She did have social graces and street smarts. Lines like, "Bailey, we could lose our license!", "Les, it's the oldest profession.", and so on.

So, sure, she was well paid, but she had her head on straight.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/19/2021 at 12:52 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Don't forget the coveted Silver Sow award

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why didn't Andy pull an air shift? Most PDs do, especially if they didn't have other stations to oversee.

Probably for 2 reasons: 

1.  Carlson was completely incompetent & Travis was the defacto radio station General manager.

2.  It was funnier having Andy being "cold" to broadcasting the couple of times he filled in.

32 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Or when he got better for the DWI After every drink. 

That was Johnny Fever. (Howard Hesseman.)  An absolute classic.

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why didn't Andy pull an air shift? Most PDs do, especially if they didn't have other stations to oversee.

Because it was a fictional television show and not real-life NPR in New Hampshire.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.