First Off-Season Roster move?

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Feel like after we trade eichel, we should all just drink a few beers together and reminisce about the last decade

This trade is honestly in the ballpark of what we'll see. It's really sad.

Which will be frustrating, because there's no way there isn't a workable way to dump some of that value (downgrade Comtois, remove 2022 first) or add stuff to Eichel to get another premium piece ie Zegras/Drysdale, at least in principle. 

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

I think that Reinhart will be traded before Jack because it will be a less grand and multi-layered deal. If Jack is traded to Anaheim then Zegras has to be included in the package. If that doesn't happen then hold on to him or find another deal. I know I am outside the norm here but I believe that Risto will not be traded this offseason. My impression is that Granato likes him. And to his credit when a youngster was partnered with him (Bryson and Samuelsson) the coupling worked out reasonably well. He still can have value at the next trade deadline. 

With respect to working out a deal for Seattle taking any player we should just let them take whomever they want and not give up any chips to take someone else. Vegas built their roster by acquiring pre-expansion draft deals which in the end built up their team and diminished the teams they dealt with. Keep it simple. Lose who you are going to lose; draft Power with the first pick and put Granato behind the bench. 

Disagree with the bolded.

21 hours ago, Curt said:

Disagree with the bolded.

I know that my view of Risto is out of step with the majority. In my view he has had the misfortune of  playing on a team where what was expected of him was beyond his skill set. It's safe to say that Risto is not a thinker on the ice who sees the field well. He doesn't have that field of vision and anticipation to read plays and never will for a top tier defenseman. The best way to use him was to simplify his game and have him play within his limitations that have nothing to do with his impressive physical attributes. In my mind he is a subordinate player on the second pairing. It's a shame that McCabe has been plagued with injuries because I think that he would pair well with him. One of the reasons why I look more favorable towards Risto than others do is that he provides some ruggedness on a team that lacks it.  I recognize that I am an outlier on this issue. And I recognize that Risto will probably moved this offseason.  

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I know that my view of Risto is out of step with the majority. In my view he has had the misfortune of  playing on a team where what was expected of him was beyond his skill set. It's safe to say that Risto is not a thinker on the ice who sees the field well. He doesn't have that field of vision and anticipation to read plays and never will for a top tier defenseman. The best way to use him was to simplify his game and have him play within his limitations that have nothing to do with his impressive physical attributes. In my mind he is a subordinate player on the second pairing. It's a shame that McCabe has been plagued with injuries because I think that he would pair well with him. One of the reasons why I look more favorable towards Risto than others do is that he provides some ruggedness on a team that lacks it.  I recognize that I am an outlier on this issue. And I recognize that Risto will probably moved this offseason.  

Basically agree with this.  I just don’t think he did the young guys any real favors when playing with them.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Basically agree with this.  I just don’t think he did the young guys any real favors when playing with them.

I don't think that he hurt them either. It seemed to me that Granato who is good at slotting players was not afraid to pair him with the youngsters. The irony is that I thought Samuelsson played a more thoughtful and judicious game when paired with him.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.