Devils Interested In Risto?

Brawndo

36 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I have a hunch, Risto for Miles Wood and a pick.

Wood being a local would give us a high likelihood for the whole "want to be here" idea

Wood was born in Buffalo but — out of his own mouth — he has no connection with the city. His Dad was actually a Leaf when Miles was born.

39 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Wood being a local would give us a high likelihood for the whole "want to be here" idea

Love a player like Wood, that's what we're missing.  I'd do that trade straight up even without an extra pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Miles Wood's dad, Randy, was the Sabres union rep when the league lost the '94 portion of the '94-'95 season due to a lockout.  He was released and claimed on waivers by the Loafs right after the lockout ended.  

Pretty certain Buffalo born Miles has no love for the Sabres.

Miles Wood's dad, Randy, was the Sabres union rep when the league lost the '94 portion of the '94-'95 season due to a lockout.  He was released and claimed on waivers by the Loafs right after the lockout ended.  

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

He nor His Dad Do Not 

6 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Why would NJ trade Wood?  

I despise this question. Nobody is in that room so nobody knows. The conversation is about the team being interested in Risto so fans are zoning in on players they would want to get from New Jersey in such a deal. It’s not about why they would trade Wood but what fans think it should take to get Risto.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I despise this question. Nobody is in that room so nobody knows. The conversation is about the team being interested in Risto so fans are zoning in on players they would want to get from New Jersey in such a deal. It’s not about why they would trade Wood but what fans think it should take to get Risto.

prepare to be disappointed

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Why would NJ trade Wood?  

According to Corey Masisak the NJ Devils writer for The Athletic: They are going to lose 1 of those forwards to Seattle,  a trade for Risto alleviates 1 of them. Who cares if he loves Buffalo or not. He'll be a RFA after next year so we get a LW power forward and get to decide if it's a good fit. 

Forwards

So we’ve established five pretty obvious locks. That leaves two spots for …

1. Nathan Bastian
  2. Andreas Johnsson
  3. Michael McLeod
  4. Nick Merkley
  5. Marian Studenic
  6. Miles Wood

45 minutes ago, jsb said:

Forwards

So we’ve established five pretty obvious locks. That leaves two spots for …

1. Nathan Bastian
  2. Andreas Johnsson
  3. Michael McLeod
  4. Nick Merkley
  5. Marian Studenic
  6. Miles Wood

Alright after running through the group would be that they'd protect Johnsson and Wood barring something behind the scenes.

Johnsson had a terrible year with the Devils and Wood scored more but assisted less. However they are the most memorable of the 6.

Studenic played 8 games and has mostly been an AHL/Slovak League player.

Merkley, McLeod and Bastian are all varying levels of mediocre.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So 3rd liner that hits

He could work on a higher line, depending on his skills.  Brad May created space on Dale Hawerchuk's wing with either Randy Wood and Yuri Khmylev under Dudley -- not that he will have anyone as good as Hawerchuk to play with.

Aside: I though letting Wood go before the 1994-5 season was a bad move.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So 3rd liner that hits

Hits, not afraid to get in front of the net, and hopefully keep Cozens and Dahlin from getting so many cheap shots thrown their way. Right now who's afraid of anyone on our 3rd and 4th line. He's also young enough to keep around for a few years while some of the younger guns get a chance to develop. Younger and cheaper than Risto also. Without looking it up I'm guessing they'll save close to 3M on that deal.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jsb said:

Hits, not afraid to get in front of the net, and hopefully keep Cozens and Dahlin from getting so many cheap shots thrown their way. Right now who's afraid of anyone on our 3rd and 4th line. He's also young enough to keep around for a few years while some of the younger guns get a chance to develop. Younger and cheaper than Risto also. Without looking it up I'm guessing they'll save close to 3M on that deal.

I don't think anyone in the entire NHL looks at another teams 3rd line and say "you know we better not ***** with their stars cuz they got 'insert player here'". 

I have no problem with getting Miles Wood, just as long as we recognize that he's a 20-30pt 3rd liner. 

He's 1 year younger than Risto so... that's a wash really. I'd trade risto for about anything because I want him off the team so he can't get 22minutes a night to toss the puck up the boards. 

Just now, Hoss said:

Pavel Zacha could be a buy low option. Yegor Sharangovich is another name but we’d probably have to add.

Dawson Mercer. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.