Devils Interested In Risto?

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think anyone in the entire NHL looks at another teams 3rd line and say "you know we better not ***** with their stars cuz they got 'insert player here'". 

I have no problem with getting Miles Wood, just as long as we recognize that he's a 20-30pt 3rd liner. 

I'm not advocating a Rob Ray type guy but if you don't think Reaves, Wilson, Chara when he was with Boston, Foligno (either one) as examples don't keep the opposition in check then I think you're underestimating their value. 

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

From the standpoint of needing an RHD, NJ makes sense.  But given where they are and Ristolainen's dislike of the rebuild, why would they do this?

Sometimes teams identify needs and try to get better. Fans used to be too dumb to see the big picture element of trades. Now it feels like it's all they see.

33 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Pavel Zacha could be a buy low option. Yegor Sharangovich is another name but we’d probably have to add.

I like Zacha as real 3C — affordable, improving big 2-way centre. Just turned 24. Hell yeah.

Can't seeing him being buy-low at all, but I'd add to Risto to get him.

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's 1 year younger than Risto so... that's a wash really. I'd trade risto for about anything because I want him off the team so he can't get 22minutes a night to toss the puck up the boards. 

Dawson Mercer. 

Mercer would be nice get and exactly the type I expect Adams to target.

Turning Risto in Mercer or Zacha would be wins for the Sabres, and I like Risto.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sometimes teams identify needs and try to get better. Fans used to be too dumb to see the big picture element of trades. Now it feels like it's all they see.

I like Zacha as real 3C — affordable, improving big 2-way centre. Just turned 24. Hell yeah.

Can't seeing him being buy-low at all, but I'd add to Risto to get him.

Mercer would be nice get and exactly the type I expect Adams to target.

Turning Risto in Mercer or Zacha would be wins for the Sabres, and I like Risto.

Zacha definitely doesn’t hold the value you would hope for for someone his age and draft status.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Zacha definitely doesn’t hold the value you would hope for for someone his age and draft status.

He's better than you think he is.

He is a 215-pound, 24-year-old centre who has emerged over the past two years after a disappointing start.

He finished top 40 in offence among centres this year, tied with Schenn and Nugent-Hopkins and ahead of guys like Nelson, Kadri and Couture, plays both special teams and has OK metrics against pretty tough opposition.

He's exactly the type of under-the-radar change-of-scenery young guy the Sabres should be targeting.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He's better than you think he is.

He is a 215-pound, 24-year-old centre who has emerged over the past two years after a disappointing start.

He finished top 40 in offence among centres this year, tied with Schenn and Nugent-Hopkins and ahead of guys like Nelson, Kadri and Couture, plays both special teams and has OK metrics against pretty tough opposition.

He's exactly the type of under-the-radar change-of-scenery young guy the Sabres should be targeting.

He outshot his career average by about 6% so be careful. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

So 3rd liner that hits

Which should be an acceptable return for 55

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Pavel Zacha could be a buy low option. Yegor Sharangovich is another name but we’d probably have to add.

No more weenies please 

Hot Dog Girl GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.