Report Sabres preparing for An Additional Top Ten Pick

Brawndo

44 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

In the next 3 days i expect to hear something like this...

the Sabres trade eichel, sam and next years round 1 pick for the number 10 pick this year. They are keeping 96% of the salaries 

knife crab GIF

Risto for 4th overall. e5 let’s go!  Ironically the Sabres draft William Eklund with the pick.  e4

• Haha (+1) 7

Hold the phone, Eklund is chasing down a major rumour:🤪

“but currently I am chasing a rumor that the Sabres are closing in on a MAJOR deal, I do not believe it to be Eichel, like others are speculating...but rather Sam Reinhart...I know one of the teams they are talking to is Seattle....making more calls...back later...”

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Hold the phone, Eklund is chasing down a major rumour:🤪

“but currently I am chasing a rumor that the Sabres are closing in on a MAJOR deal, I do not believe it to be Eichel, like others are speculating...but rather Sam Reinhart...I know one of the teams they are talking to is Seattle....making more calls...back later...”

lol, well Reinhart to Seattle would keep me from becoming a Kraken fan 🙂

33 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Nice to get another top 10 pick in a terrible draft. Why not get a pick next year?

I believe the quality of a draft is not measured so much how good the players are, although that matters, but how deep the perceived quality is.

Even under the usual criteria, this draft is a bit odd.  Because it may not be deep, it is not a big deal to have many picks.  But given how little scouting has been done, there will be more good players dropping, so you are more likely to find gems later in the draft than usual.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

lol, well Reinhart to Seattle would keep me from becoming a Kraken fan 🙂

If we traded Reinhart to Seattle then we better also have them taking Okposo or Risto in the expansion draft as a top 10 pick from and expansion team doesn't thrill me. As none of these kids bring to the table what Sam can in 2021. 

Edited by The Jokeman

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

If we traded Reinhart to Seattle then we better also have them taking Okposo or Risto in the expansion draft as am a top 10 pick from and expansion team doesn't thrill me. As none of these kids bring to the table what Sam can in 2021. 

with Risto's expiring contract, he's worth more than just getting Seattle to take someone else off the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If we traded Reinhart to Seattle then we better also have them taking Okposo or Risto in the expansion draft as am a top 10 pick from and expansion team doesn't thrill me. As none of these kids bring to the table what Sam can in 2021. 

Could you imagine: Reino to Seattle for number 2, they take Skinner in the expansion draft after he waives) they pick a couple of players from Seattle after the expansion draft and Skinner being gone opens the door for Brind’Amour to come and coach.🤪😜

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Nice to get another top 10 pick in a terrible draft. Why not get a pick next year?

When the Sabres traded Vanek the Islanders had the choice of sending Buffalo their 2014 or 2015 First Round Pick. 

They held onto the 5th Overall Pick in the 2014 and send the Sabres their 2015 one. That pick was 16 spots worse in 2015 at 21st Overall.

The Sharks traded their 2019 and 2020 Firsts to Buffalo and Ottawa respectively. The pick that the Sabres acquired end up being 29th in 2019 and the Senators got Stutzle 3rd Overall in 2020.

Based on the fact that Reinhart and/or Eichel will probably actually improve their new teams, a guaranteed Top Ten Pick this year maybe more beneficial.

• Like (+1) 7

27 minutes ago, OhMyDahlin said:

They have Luukkonen and Portillo...there's no reason to draft a goalie in the first round.

what have either of those proven? Look at the final 4 teams. all 4 have goalies drafted in Round 1.  

Keep drafting them until you get it right.

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Could you imagine: Reino to Seattle for number 2, they take Skinner in the expansion draft after he waives) they pick a couple of players from Seattle after the expansion draft and Skinner being gone opens the door for Brind’Amour to come and coach.🤪😜

i will admit that Skinner contract is ugly..Sabers would probably have to spend on some UFA's if Skinner, Eichel, Samson and Risto were gone just to get to the floor

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.