Gallant hired by the Rags

GASabresIUFAN

16 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

If Italy doesn't have a history to be proud of then nobody does lol

Not to be that guy (no, that’s a lie, I’m rolling around in the opportunity to be that guy right now) but Italy as an idea, let alone a country really doesn’t have much of a history at all… Lincoln was president when it happened… 

the “I’m not Italian I’m Sicilian” mindset is, honestly, much closer to reality than lumping them together with the blond dudes in the Alps…. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, inkman said:

I don’t know a single Italian person who refers to themselves as anything other than Italian first.  No culture is more proud of their heritage than Italians.  Misguided as that may be. 

All four of my grandparents were Italian and I am very definitely American.

27 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Not to be that guy (no, that’s a lie, I’m rolling around in the opportunity to be that guy right now) but Italy as an idea, let alone a country really doesn’t have much of a history at all… Lincoln was president when it happened… 

the “I’m not Italian I’m Sicilian” mindset is, honestly, much closer to reality than lumping them together with the blond dudes in the Alps…. 

true romance GIF by Morgan Creek

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Yeah I was referring more to the ethnic group(s?) that can trace ancestry through some of the greatest heights of civilization than the explicit nation state of Italy as we know it today

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.