Shopping Jack Eichel: Anaheim

dudacek

They’re back in?  I certainly hope so. 

One team many believed were suitors, primarily through media reports, may actually be in on the 24 year-old Eichel. Eric Stephens who covers the Ducks for the Athletic said this in a recent mailbag post:

The Ducks, while not publicly talking about their interest in him, haven’t put the kibosh on the persistent rumors that they’re among the teams closely monitoring the situation between Eichel and Buffalo. While Adams is under pressure to get a massive trade return for his star, he does have some leverage in that Eichel is signed long-term and his full no-move clause doesn’t kick in until next summer.

So while the Ducks could be interested, it remains to be seen if they would part with future star Trevor Zegras. It’s also possible that Buffalo would consider Anaheim’s 3rd overall pick in this past draft; center Mason McTavish. However; Buffalo would also want Jamie Drysdale and more to complete a deal.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

The more teams that are in the mix the more options for KA.

I want Zegras but would settle for McTavish+. Zegras is ready for prime time.

I like McTavish as a better fit in Buffalo.

Zegras is a flashy perimeter player.  McTavish plays a north/south aggresive more in your face style.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Zegras is a flashy perimeter player.  McTavish plays a north/south aggresive more in your face style.

I really like McTavish's game and attitude while on the ice.  McTavish and Drysdale = sign me up!  Anything more is icing.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

IMO Zegras is more than a flashy perimeter player.  Yes he is a great passer with speed, but I think you sell him short on his desire and ability to go to the net.  Whether he is a fit in Buffalo... hey that is a fair question.  But I know his Dad... tough bulldog build... his younger brother is a highly regarded wrestler who just graduated, I forget what college he is going to... I get McTavish is a big tough guy with some skill... again it is a balance on any team.  If the Sabres can get both great... I think they need both... but don't sell Zegras short on toughness.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s a ton of projection. For the record, Drysdale has been absolutely abysmal on NHL ice so far.

Abysmal, really?  I don't know because I haven't watched many Anaheim games.  I do remember that their beat reporter was on WGR and said that he thought that Drysdale was already better than Cam Fowler (which caught my attention) so I thought he was transitioning pretty well to the NHL.

I'm not sure that I would be happy with that package (Drysdale + McTavish).  Most of us wanted Zegras + Comtois + 3OA for Eichel prior to the draft.  They drafted McTavish 3OA but I doubt that the Sabres would have taken him there if we had got Zegras in the trade.    All hypothetical I guess anyway.  I think Drysdale would be a nice pickup but really would rather have an A+ center prospect as the best piece coming back to us.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s a ton of projection. For the record, Drysdale has been absolutely abysmal on NHL ice so far.

They did play Drysdale against tough competition, both at home and on the road. I see his numbers as good, though I see why an analytic wouldn't

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, rakish said:

They did play Drysdale against tough competition, both at home and on the road. I see his numbers as good, though I see why an analytic wouldn't

As someone who has criticized people for looking at charts and labeling a player I should be ashamed of myself but I’ve fallen for the narrative on his fancy charts.

That or I’m misremembering. But I don’t believe the metrics look good, at all.

Edited by Hoss

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, French Collection said:

The more teams that are in the mix the more options for KA.

I want Zegras but would settle for McTavish+. Zegras is ready for prime time.

Just read the article in the Athletic with the ducks beat writer 

so according to him. Zegras , Drysdale and Mctavish are all non - starters 

if he is right, the Sabres need to cross them off the list unless they want to give up non protected 1st in both 22 and 23  

id rather the Sabres roll the dice with the artificial replacement surgery and (hopefully) get Jack back to 100% to deal him    Rather than trade him now and get back  🥜 🥜 🥜 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.