[Vague Title] brador

mike sutton

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Do tell.

The official line was that he couldn't stand the smell of the paper mill in Johnsonburg, PA when he drove back home on weekends.

It do stank.

9 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I still can’t believe people actually live there.

Miss me with this stuff, though.

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Everytime I went up to the family cottage on the St. Lawrence River, we always loaded up on Brador. Was a great beer, wish it was still around. 

I’m actually heading up there early Monday morning and staying in Canton for the week (work trip). To my dismay apparently you can’t fish catch and release before bass season opens there. Very disappointed.

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

This would be incredible and make me incredibly happy and I'm probably the biggest anti-trade Eichel guy there is around here. Crosby as a Sabre is something I've thought about since we came close to winning that lottery for him, for some reason have always thought it possible one day. It won't happen but sign me up 

That's assuming we are dealing Eichel, again 

I’m still salty about him scoring that gold winning goal against Miller in 2010. No thanks.

Edited by I-90 W
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I’m actually heading up there early Monday morning and staying in Canton for the week (work trip). To my dismay apparently you can’t fish catch and release before bass season opens there. Very disappointed.

The reason they don’t want you targeting bass right now is they are on their spawning beds and gobies rob the nests of eggs and fry when you pull a bass off its nest.  There is some amazing youtube footage out there of bass getting removed from a nest and gobies swarming in immediately to feed on the eggs and spawn.

Fortunately the walleye fishing in that area is pretty good right now.

29 minutes ago, Weave said:

The reason they don’t want you targeting bass right now is they are on their spawning beds and gobies rob the nests of eggs and fry when you pull a bass off its nest.  There is some amazing youtube footage out there of bass getting removed from a nest and gobies swarming in immediately to feed on the eggs and spawn.

Fortunately the walleye fishing in that area is pretty good right now.

I’m not sure how the logistics work though; how do they know what I’m targeting? If fishing for walleye, are there only certain lures allowed?

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

I know people who live there and have driven through probably 40 times. Still can’t.

It's A LOT better than it used to be. It was automatic ralph time when I was a kid. They say the same about our hometown, with the oil refinery spewing out stuff. People say it's the smell of jobs. You get used to it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It's A LOT better than it used to be. It was automatic ralph time when I was a kid. They say the same about our hometown, with the oil refinery spewing out stuff. People say it's the smell of jobs. You get used to it.

A former coworker in St Marys moved their a few years back and noted you always smell it but eventually you just stop thinking about it.

Sorry all- got to get into this blog thing better next time. Yes Brador was the greatest beer ever made (malt- unbelievably good). I'll never drink Coors because they no nothing (John Snow) about beer and stopped making it as soon as taking out Molson's. Damn I miss it (still have 5 left in the fridge but after this many years...still better than anything). Yes pulp towns have a stank but yes you get into it if you live there (thankfully, I've never had to). Yes the thread is about trades- but mainly not the starting over crap with years of accumulated draft picks (hasn't worked for Edmonton or Buffalo). Time to look at what the Islanders have done with the best management you can get (i.e. Lou). A few key trades can get us there. Besides the Eichel for a 2-way tough leader idea, I'd really like to see Sam Reinhart, who I think is more a set-up man than a scorer, teamed back up with a tough, go-to-the-front-of-the-net guy like in the gold medal-winning juniors with Domi. O'Reilly was good with him and if he saw someone like that, plus a Tkachuk, plus a guy for the 1st round pick like Blake Wheeler, plus picking up a free agent like Blake Coleman, then now we're talking- and maybe he'd want to stay.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 6/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, I-90 W said:

I’m not sure how the logistics work though; how do they know what I’m targeting? If fishing for walleye, are there only certain lures allowed?

If you inadvertently catch one while trolling for Walleyes, put it back ASAP

If you are drop shot fishing/casting along a shoal or known spawning bed if the Game Warden doesn’t catch you, there is a good chance another angler will give you ***** about it. 

@Claude BallsWhere was/is Your Cottage on the St Lawrence? My Grandmother had a place in Duck Cove near Chippewa Bay until 1986 and we have rented a cottage in Blind Bay for the past decade. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/12/2021 at 7:05 AM, Claude Balls said:

Everytime I went up to the family cottage on the St. Lawrence River, we always loaded up on Brador. Was a great beer, wish it was still around. 

I took cases of Brador to my dorm at RIT, among other partying paraphernalia.    I quickly became the  coolest dude on the  floor.  I had a crazy ass great sound system and tons of music, and I was n encyclopedia of Bills and Sabres.  We had fun. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If you are drop shot fishing/casting along a shoal or known spawning bed if the Game Warden doesn’t catch you, there is a good chance another angler will give you ***** about it. 

@Claude BallsWhere was/is Your Cottage on the St Lawrence? My Grandmother had a place in Duck Cove near Chippewa Bay until 1986 and we have rented a cottage in Blind Bay for the past decade. 

I left my rod and reel home, I’m not about to mess with DEC. Besides, I’m a conservationist I’m sure there is a valid reason for the restrictions. Just bummed about it. 

14 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I left my rod and reel home, I’m not about to mess with DEC. Besides, I’m a conservationist I’m sure there is a valid reason for the restrictions. Just bummed about it. 

As Weave Mentioned, the Gobies are everywhere in the damn river and can completely obliterate a SmallMouth Spawn Nest  in less than 5 minutes. 

It does suck though because the fishing up there is a lot of fun.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:32 PM, Brawndo said:

It's on Prince Regent Island in the Gananoque Narrows. Between Alex Bay and Gananoque. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.