2021 NHL Playoff Semi Finals

Norcal

• SDS pinned this topic
1 minute ago, French Collection said:

I’m thinking a Tampa repeat.

Montreal has been the underdog in every series, even more now. Price could steal a game or two but I would not put money on the Habs.

I would have loved a Tampa vs Colorado final.

Vegas looks strong right now but Tampa is the defending champs until they aren't. 

I was hoping for a Tampa Colorado final as well but it should be good whoever advances. 

I'm not counting the Islanders or Canadiens out just yet, in a 7 game series anything can happen. 

More good hockey, coming up!

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Go Habs.

Go Cheaters.

TB is $18 mil over the cap. Are any others over in the final four?

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

TB is $18 mil over the cap. Are any others over in the final four?

Never mind, they are all over the cap to varying degrees with TB being the worst followed by the NYI, Canadiens and Vegas

Anybody but the Cheaters, but they will probably win.

One would assume it'll be Vegas and Tampa fairly easily but those two mucking hard work teams have gotten this far so who knows. 

With Cheaterov the Tamp PP is lethal but then again those NYSaints don't take many penalties so with great goaltending they have a chance. A longshot, but a chance. 

I'm going with the underdogs.  NY/MTL. Both teams play such an effective playoff style.  Gap control for both is outstanding.  It's one thing to freewheel over the line and another to be choked off, forcing a player to go to the rough areas to make a play. Taylor Hall and the Avs found that out.

• Like (+1) 2

Tampa didn’t cheat, they used the rules available for maximum benefit. I’d be upset if the Sabres were in the same position and didn’t do it. Blame the owners and NHLPA who agreed to such rules. I’ll be rooting for Tampa to beat Vegas in the finals.

• Like (+1) 1

Picked Habs to win last series. They have zero chance against the Knights, who are my Cup pick right now

I hope the Lightning beat the Islanders and I assume they will - I'm tired of hearing about Lou Lamoriello being a Maestro 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Picked Habs to win last series. They have zero chance against the Knights, who are my Cup pick right now

I hope the Lightning beat the Islanders and I assume they will - I'm tired of hearing about Lou Lamoriello being a Maestro 

LL IS a maestro. I want more of it. I want Buffalo to emulate their model. Shy away from the high end, "superstar" acquisitions and procure a team of tenacious, hungry hockey players that BUY IN. That's my dream team. 

More Lou, please.

I digress. 

Habs and Islanders are clearly big UDs here. But will fight with everything they have and should provide entertaining hockey. The Isles stand a better chance to upset.

GO ISLES!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

It’s the Canadian media pointing fingers at Dubas that is putting Lou in the spotlight.The Little Cap Wizard doesn’t know how to build a team and that is causing much angst over here.

1 hour ago, Leaf Blower said:

LL IS a maestro. I want more of it. I want Buffalo to emulate their model. Shy away from the high end, "superstar" acquisitions and procure a team of tenacious, hungry hockey players that BUY IN. That's my dream team. 

More Lou, please.

I digress. 

Habs and Islanders are clearly big UDs here. But will fight with everything they have and should provide entertaining hockey. The Isles stand a better chance to upset.

GO ISLES!!!

I said I was sick of it, not that there's no truth to it

7 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Tampa didn’t cheat, they used the rules available for maximum benefit. I’d be upset if the Sabres were in the same position and didn’t do it. Blame the owners and NHLPA who agreed to such rules. I’ll be rooting for Tampa to beat Vegas in the finals.

The problem is that Tampa is a most favored team, though. They do it and the are lauded for their tactic. If the Sabres did it, they would be clamoring for rules changes (see: draft lottery.)

8 hours ago, pastajoe said:

It's only not cheating if the league subsequently (and retroactively) changes the cap rules to screw Tampa as hard as possible, like they did to the Sabres and Ehrhoff.  I might be salty about that to this very day.

Edited by Sabel79
stoopid typos

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.