EURO 2020 (actually 2021)

Sabres Fan in NS

It's a good thing that I really like talking to myself ... lol!!

Hey @Sabel79, we are running out of time for the highly anticipated humilition of this England squad.  I have a sinking feeling that it may not happen this time around.  I am counting on the Italians in the final, whom I picked to win this Euro from the start.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:05 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

It's a good thing that I really like talking to myself ... lol!!

Hey @Sabel79, we are running out of time for the highly anticipated humilition of this England squad.  I have a sinking feeling that it may not happen this time around.  I am counting on the Italians in the final, whom I picked to win this Euro from the start.

Wait for it…

26 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Wait for it…

LOL!!

I am patiently awaiting the inevitable.  They sold their souls in that WC all those years ago, so never again will the England National squad hoist a major trophy.

7 hours ago, steveoath said:

I now have the "joys" of watching the England v Denmark game with my English in-laws.

GO DENMARK!!

?????

Actually, I am cheering for England in this one.

I am awaiting their inevitable fall from grace, in spectacular fashion, in the final.

• Like (+1) 1

Seems that I missed a very exciting semi-final match yesterday.

I still say penalties are a terrible way to decide a big and thrilling match, but they were also very exciting.

I have stated all along that I felt the Italians were in a mission this Euro after missing the most recent WC.

The Italians will beat England in the final ... there I have said it and this is probably the 100th time yous have heard it, so I won't say 'you heard it here first'.

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

Is it wrong I want to see the Italians win on penalties?

I understand this, but a really bad beatdown (4 - 0, at least) is a better result.  Trust me.

55 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's certainly tempting fate.

This is correct.  Anything can happen in penalties.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I understand this, but a really bad beatdown (4 - 0, at least) is a better result.  Trust me.

This is correct.  Anything can happen in penalties.

Especially with Italy.

• Like (+1) 2

In other news ...

Today is the Copa America final between Argentina and Brazil.

If Messi can deliver it will be a first International title for him and for Argentina after 28 years.

Somehow, I just don't think that Messi will deliver. 

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

In other news ...

Today is the Copa America final between Argentina and Brazil.

If Messi can deliver it will be a first International title for him and for Argentina after 28 years.

Somehow, I just don't think that Messi will deliver. 

Kickoff is at 9:00 PM Halifax time ...

Woof!!