Shopping Jack Eichel: St. Louis

dudacek

Will they be interested?

Doug Armstrong made it pretty clear after the end of the Blues year that he plans to be aggressive in turning over his aging roster after a disappointing season.

Do they have the pieces?

They might be able to find a formula that would work for the Sabres.

Would this work?

Vladimir Tarasenko, Kyle Clifford, Robert Thomas, a 1st, and a 2nd for Jack Eichel.

Tarasenko has been injury-wracked but he's still a premier talent and will fill the offensive leadership role while Cozens and Mitts get their bearings, Clifford is the type of big body and proven winner the Sabres need, Thomas is an excellent prospect with a lot more than he's shown, and the first and the 2nd are lottery tickets Buffalo needs to build with.

Is there a deal to be made with the Blues?

Edited by dudacek

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Not interested to be honest, Robert Thomas has fallen off a cliff after their Cup Run and Tarasenko hasn't been the same since his 1st major injury. Plus I won't trade with St. Louis after the ROR deal.

This seems to be a somewhat commonly held thought and I despise it. We got *****. But we also have a new GM and you can't just write off trade partners for dumb reasons like this. It's how you devalue your own assets without even letting other teams do that work.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

This seems to be a somewhat commonly held thought and I despise it. We got *****. But we also have a new GM and you can't just write off trade partners for dumb reasons like this. It's how you devalue your own assets without even letting other teams do that work.

Its more they have the same GM and he's already proven he'll fleece you when given any opening.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Its more they have the same GM and he's already proven he'll fleece you when given any opening.

ALL GM’s attempt a fleecing. With every trade. But when the other GM slaps them back to reality and logic, it doesn’t happen very often. But it does happen.

Another bunch of St. Louis cast offs? I don't think I want any of the aged players.

This is just a guess, but I don't think ROR would be happy if they brought in Eichel. I really believe he was not very happy with Eichel being named captain and him being #2 and although he is captain there, he wouldn't want to be #2 again to the same guy. Just a guess. 

Really St. Louis has nothing much of interest. They are a fading team that had their moment. 

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

I wouldn't trade with them because they have almost nothing I want. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

Yeah, I suppose we just really can’t trade Jack if we eliminate the entire eastern conference and any team in memory that got the better of us in a trade.

Seems awful counter productive to handcuff ourselves in that way.  IMO bottom line if it is a given that Javk is moving on, he goes to the highest bidder.  And I really dont give a ***** if he goes to even a most hated team if it maximizes our return.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

😜 Just checking to see if anyone is still paying attention.

I'm surprised I clicked the thread to be honest.  I think having a thread for each team is overkill.

I'll pay attention when/if a trade occurs.  It will probably be nothing like anyone here is speculating.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.