Beniers vs Power: Poll

WildCard

Berniers vs Power  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Sabres draft 1OA?

It's pretty apparent we have two different camps on who the Sabres should draft 1OA in 2021; Owen Power or Matthew Beniers. I'm interested to see how heavily the board swings one way or another, so here's a poll.

Edited by WildCard

My answer depends on the question, "will we have at least two clear-cut, no-questions-asked, across-the-league top-6 centres for the next several years?"

yes: Power

no: Beniers

I understand how good Power looks.  But our needs matter too.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

No vote for me.  I just  don’t know. I’ve only seen highlights of each.

I have never talked to either player to understand their work ethic and leadership qualities.  This would be a tie breaker for player rated equally on skill.  

I am more intrigued by Power because I would build a team that is not only skilled and fast, but also big and physical and built to win 16 playoff games in one season.   Can he be a Pronger type of player?  

I do believe that if you draft for positional needs rather than BPA, you usually regret it in the long term.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

No vote for me.  I just  don’t know. I’ve only seen highlights of each.

I have never talked to either player to understand their work ethic and leadership qualities.  This would be a tie breaker for player rated equally on skill.  

I am more intrigued by Power because I would build a team that is not only skilled and fast, but also big and physical and built to win 16 playoff games in one season.   Can he be a Pronger type of player?  

I do believe that if you draft for positional needs rather than BPA, you usually regret it in the long term.  

I dislike both but matthew beniers has tom brady's attitude ( winning at all costs)

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

15-8 power .

Some like it big 

or some didn't pick a guy that doesn't exist, as it's spelled Beniers. 

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

It's pretty apparent we have two different camps on who the Sabres should draft 1OA in 2021; Owen Power or Matthew Berniers. I'm interested to see how heavily the board swings one way or another, so here's a poll.

Check the spelling on Matthew's last name. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Horrible move. If we make a trade with Seattle like that they'd need to take one of our horrible contracts too. 

Are you assuming Okposo or Skinner would be willing to go to Seattle?  (I am assuming those are the two horrible contracts you are referring to.)

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Horrible move. If we make a trade with Seattle like that they'd need to take one of our horrible contracts too. 

We're losing half our team it wont matter 

32 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Offer Seattle Reinhart for their pick and take both. 

👍

40 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Offer Seattle Reinhart for their pick and take both. 

You slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler...

I like your heart, but you've got to get someone who can immediately plug and play as a scorer in return for any Reinhart deal. Especially if Beniers stays in school another season.

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

You slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler...

I like your heart, but you've got to get someone who can immediately plug and play as a scorer in return for any Reinhart deal. Especially if Beniers stays in school another season.

No you don't, not if the Beniers fans are correct and he's the next Bergeron, then it's a steal for us. You can't have it both ways, people can't claim he's that good and then also fear a trade like that. If Sam for him is too much, then he's not the next Bergeron. It's one or the other. 

Look, people have to face reality. Sam Reinhart is NOT going to give this team a hometown discount and after the tail end of the season he had he's going to hold us hostage just like Skinner did. We are screwed either way and it's the best option to trade him while his price is at it's highest point and GM can talk about a new direction for everybody etc. There is absolutely no way to keep him and not overpay him. 

He's a West coast guy, let Seattle have him if they want. 

If they want Okposo they can have him too, but we all know Skinner don't care and ain't going anywhere. I will NEVER understand the logic in giving a guy with one great year a huge payday AND a NMC. Usually you take a discount to get the NMC. Unless you're a McDavid or Crosby or somebody like that. Stupidest thing the Sabres have ever done in a long list of stupid things. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.