Shopping Jack Eichel: Los Angeles

dudacek

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Quinton Byfield is 18. He won't be 19 until August 19th. 

Turcotte is 18 months older. 

Considering his age, his AHL production is impressive. 

I realize how young he is but Jack scored 56 points in the NHL in his draft year. Jack was almost a year older but he is superior to Byfield and in his prime.

I’m just pointing out that Byfield is not an untouchable if you are getting Jack.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, French Collection said:

I realize how young he is but Jack scored 56 points in the NHL in his draft year. Jack was almost a year older but he is superior to Byfield and in his prime.

I’m just pointing out that Byfield is not an untouchable if you are getting Jack.

The number of players who should not be available for a healthy Eichel should total what, maybe 10?

If loyalty wasn’t a thing, Sidney Crosby should be available for Eichel.

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

If they turn down a superior offer because of optics or location they should be fired immediately.

Marner?

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

In an ideal world the Kings will basically have the choice of Byfield + a little more or Turcotte + a LOT more. Whatever they prefer. They have the pieces to satisfy us in either scenario.

I'd be disappointed in any package where Turcotte was the best asset back 

31 minutes ago, French Collection said:

That's the point. 

Is it hypocritical for me to say the Sabres have to be targeting a player as good as Byfield and then say I don’t really want Byfield?

From an asset value/positional perspective he’s almost the ideal return and (a long with Dach) the closest thing to a potential Eichel out there.

I just get a sense this kid will never be the sum of his parts and that he will wilt under the pressure of having to live up to being “the guy traded for Eichel.”

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Is it hypocritical for me to say the Sabres have to be targeting a player as good as Byfield and then say I don’t really want Byfield?

From an asset value/positional perspective he’s almost the ideal return and (a long with Dach) the closest thing to a potential Eichel out there.

I just get a sense this kid will never be the sum of his parts and that he will wilt under the pressure of having to live up to being “the guy traded for Eichel.”

I'm not big on either LA center prospect.

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I disagree that he is going to have unbearable pressure on him if he is traded for Jack. If he is on the roster it will be as a lower line player who is not going to be given a prominent role. And there is a good chance that if he is part of a package in a Jack deal he might even end up starting in Rochester. 

In any Jack trade scenario he is going to be the best player in the exchange. All we can expect is that the return will in the end add players that will accelerate the renewed rebuild process. Sometimes when you are forced into a situation you don't want to be in you do the best you can to salvage it and hope that your setback isn't as damaging as it could have been.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:16 PM, French Collection said:

Byfield is pretty special they way he moves is amazing for his size  He's gonna be a rare one .

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Byfield will be 19 at the start of next season and hasn’t accrued 4 years in the CHL, last season counts towards that, so He is ineligible for the AHL. It’s the Kings or Sudbury for Him next Season. 

Or Buffalo

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Byfield will be 19 at the start of next season and hasn’t accrued 4 years in the CHL, last season counts towards that, so He is ineligible for the AHL. It’s the Kings or Sudbury for Him next Season. 

I love how dumb the CHL agreement is. Also yet another reminder of how young Byfield is. He's about 3 months older than Beniers and Power. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I realize practically everybody wants Byfield if we’re trading with the Kings, but what about a package like Turcotte, Vilardi and 8OA?

If it’s Turcotte/8 or Comtois/3, I take the Ducks deal all day long.

The Kings would have to offer significantly better sweeteners.

4 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I realize practically everybody wants Byfield if we’re trading with the Kings, but what about a package like Turcotte, Vilardi and 8OA?

If they are attempting to go the "Four 2C" route, Turcotte could have appeal to them. We are shaping up to be stronger on the wings right now, I could see Turcotte being more appealing to them than Comtois, partly for that reason. Does Vilardi make up the difference between 3 and 8? 

Eklund at 1 and Johnson at 8?

Cozens/Turcotte/Johnson/Mittelstadt/Vilardi ?

Quinn, Peterka, Eklund, (Skinner) ?

13 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Considering you broke the news of Botterill getting fired, this return has Me concerned 

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If it’s Turcotte/8 or Comtois/3, I take the Ducks deal all day long.

The Kings would have to offer significantly better sweeteners.

Anaheim Deal all day long 

4 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

This isn’t anything from a source, just curious what y’all would think about a base for a package.

Idk how I feel about Vilardi but I would be curious to at least continue talking to LA with a base package of 8oa, Turcotte, and Vilardi. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk how I feel about Vilardi but I would be curious to at least continue talking to LA with a base package of 8oa, Turcotte, and Vilardi. 

yep, i'm not seeing a huge gap with the Anaheim deal, tbh. 3 to 8 is a bit of a drop but they may feel comfortable with a few players in that area, I'd have to assume they were if they made this deal. Turcotte and Vilardi is a step up in value over Comtois I'd say. Guess it depends what else is in the Anaheim deal. But these two don't seem that far apart  

Edited by Thorny

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I have seen some stuff that projects Turcotte as a Second Line Winger or 3C. That gives me a little pause, however Turcotte would be in the running for Captain in a few seasons 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.