Shopping Jack Eichel: Los Angeles

dudacek

15 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

LA does not want to lose QB in this trade.  Agree with others you need two other prospects to equal QB.  I like the structure of @thewookie1 trade.  I would tweak it as I think there is sweetener required based on the uncertainty of the injury.  

Sabres trade: 

• Jack
  • Risto
  • Olofsson 

Kings trade

• Turcotte
  • Vilardi
  • Kaliyev
  • #8 overall
  • Quick

Why throw in Risto and Olofsson when they are holding Byfield?  

This trade makes them a division contender on day 1 and we are still a bottom tier team that needs a goalie.  

• Like (+1) 2

I have no idea what the trade would be, as there are far too many options here that I could live with so you need to know who the Kings see as untouchable or not. There is no one guy I'd have to have although Byfield would be my first want. If they are too set on keeping Byfield I'd be fine to negotiate into others and add pick(s). 

I think they're the #1 possible trade partner and sending Eichel far west from Buffalo is a good idea. Don't really want to see him multiple times a year for someone else if he's good for them.  Kings do like stars, they do market that way, and they do want to win faster while Kopitar is still a player. This is the best scenario. 

As far as the health issue goes, you simply add conditions and "future considerations" that give us more pick(s) or prospects if Eichel plays x number of games, Eichel gets x number of points first season, Eichel gets them into the playoffs, etc. a 2nd becomes a first etc. Its an easy fix if they do have concerns.

Make it happen Kev. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

There is no doubt in my mind the Sabres have decided to trade Eichel. There is  also little doubt in my mind that they have had preliminary conversations with many teams and have a good sense of the potential return.

How many people believe the decision to trade Eichel has been made because they already know they are going to get an Eichel-worthy return, and how many think they simply decided they need him gone and they are going to take the best offer available between now and the draft?

My gut tells me the latter.

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

LA does not want to lose QB in this trade.  Agree with others you need two other prospects to equal QB.  I like the structure of @thewookie1 trade.  I would tweak it as I think there is sweetener required based on the uncertainty of the injury.  

Sabres trade: 

• Jack
  • Risto
  • Olofsson 

Kings trade

• Turcotte
  • Vilardi
  • Kaliyev
  • #8 overall
  • Quick

That’s too much leaving our hands when we’re giving up a supreme asset in his prime.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure the Kings would even go for a 1 for 1 swap,  Byfield for a broken Eichel. 

Even if he gets a glowing medical report, would you take a chance on him this off-season without any post-injury game action? What team is going to give up significant assets for him...unless it is conditional picks based on games played 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m not sure the Kings would even go for a 1 for 1 swap,  Byfield for a broken Eichel. 

Even if he gets a glowing medical report, would you take a chance on him this off-season without any post-injury game action? What team is going to give up significant assets for him...unless it is conditional picks based on games played 

Absolutely yes! Many teams would take a chance on him if the medical reports were glowing (your word). If the reports coming back were inconclusive then there certainly would be a reluctance to give up significant assets for him. KA is not a proven GM but that doesn't mean that he is a dummy. He clearly is aware what Jack commands from the market is directly related to the medical reports coming back to him from his medical staff. He would take less of a return if the reports are troubling or inconclusive compared to demanding more for positive reports. If he feels he is being shortchanged in a deal he won't make the deal right away. Even if he wants to start fresh with Jack out of the room he is not going to follow the ROR trade roadmap that set this franchise back. Jack is under contract. So the organization isn't forced to do anything it doesn't want to do. 

59 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s too much leaving our hands when we’re giving up a supreme asset in his prime.

Could you foresee a scenario that would yield Risto & Victor alone for Kaliyev?  I can’t.  So you are getting two top 8 picks/players and a mid round first prospect/player for a high risk (yes high reward). In the lead up to protect Three D, what is the expected return for Risto before the Seattle draft?  Maybe a mid/late second? And Victor is just another 5/5 player with great PP skill.  Allows you to protect, all three of Tage/Asplund/Bjork.

4 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Could you foresee a scenario that would yield Risto & Victor alone for Kaliyev?  I can’t.  So you are getting two top 8 picks/players and a mid round first prospect/player for a high risk (yes high reward). In the lead up to protect Three D, what is the expected return for Risto before the Seattle draft?  Maybe a mid/late second? And Victor is just another 5/5 player with great PP skill.  Allows you to protect, all three of Tage/Asplund/Bjork.

I don’t care about protecting Tage or Bjork.

Edited by Hoss

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Byfield is unlikely to ever be as good as Eichel, IMO. Personally, with a glowing medical report, I would give up Byfield to get Eichel in a second.

7 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

I'm not sure what you are saying here, that Kaliyev is worth more than Risto and Victor combined?

Kaliyev had 14 goals in the AHL last year, Victor had 13 in the NHL. It's not like Kaliyev offers a ton of other elements to his game that Victor doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1

Some tell me why Kaliyev is worth more than Olofsson?  

How is Byfield better than Eichel? 

Why do we have to settle for Turcotte and a prospect for Eichel?  

If the Kings want Eichel, so as to win now with the remains of their SC core, then they need to pay up.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

There is no doubt in my mind the Sabres have decided to trade Eichel. There is  also little doubt in my mind that they have had preliminary conversations with many teams and have a good sense of the potential return.

How many people believe the decision to trade Eichel has been made because they already know they are going to get an Eichel-worthy return, and how many think they simply decided they need him gone and they are going to take the best offer available between now and the draft?

I’ll tell you after I see the return. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Sabres trade: 

• Jack
  • Risto
  • Olofsson 

Kings trade

• Turcotte
  • Vilardi
  • Kaliyev
  • #8 overall
  • Quick

Hard no. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

The second option.  I was smoking when i provided a possible trade scenario earlier but in my defense it was a mild sativa so I stand by what I wrote.  Lots of people on this board are setting themselves up for disappointment.  I’m preparing for the worst, and hopefully surprised.  Jack is damaged goods defined.    

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Hard no. 

I wouldn’t be thrilled if that was the return for just Jack. Villardi doesn’t impress me that much, average skater with serious injury history, Quick is a cap dump and I’m not as impressed with Kaliyev. One dimensional player and average skater.

Why in the world would Buffalo be adding Risto and Victor?

And I hate this thought process of “let’s not go for a top prospect, just settle for 3 lesser pieces to make up the difference.”  “Sir you are not getting the Bugatti but here are three station wagons. Enjoy!”

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

I wouldn’t be thrilled if that was the return for just Jack. Villardi doesn’t impress me that much, average skater with serious injury history, Quick is a cap dump and I’m not as impressed with Kaliyev. One dimensional player and average skater.

Why in the world would Buffalo be adding Risto and Victor?

And I hate this thought process of “let’s not go for a top prospect, just settle for 3 lesser pieces to make up the difference.”  “Sir you are not getting the Bugatti but here are three station wagons. Enjoy!”

That’s not the return for Jack. That’s the return for Jack, Risto and Olofsson.

19 hours ago, dudacek said:

18 hours ago, Leaf Blower said:

My gut tells me the latter.

Mine too, and I think it's because of the injury.  I think they think it's pretty likely that he's not going to regain his MVP contender form and that the return they get from trading him is only going to decrease if they don't trade him this summer.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems that the likelihood of him regaining top form and doing so in a Sabres jersey is quite low.

• Like (+1) 1

While all you greedy SOBs are trading second overall pick, generational player Jack Eichel… The team you are trading with is actually receiving broken Jack Eichel and his jacked up neck and $50M in future salary. 

I’m not confident anyone here is baking in that risk. The same risk that causes him to be on the trading block in the first place.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SDS said:

While all you greedy SOBs are trading second overall pick, generational player Jack Eichel… The team you are trading with is actually receiving broken Jack Eichel and his jacked up neck and $50M in future salary. 

I’m not confident anyone here is baking in that risk. The same risk that causes him to be on the trading block in the first place.

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SDS said:

I would imagine any team giving legitimate offers understands that while its a risk; prospects are just as much if not more of a risk.

Likewise, Adams or whomever is running the team is likely to understand that the Sabres MUST get top value/near top value for Eichel or they are not only going to be bad for the foreseeable future but will further destroy the remaining passionate fans. You can't see the 34% drop as anything but a shot across the bow telling them we demand better. Otherwise it may actually start to infest their successful venture with the Bills.  (Plus they can't sell/move the team due to the sheer outrage it would cause)

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I would imagine any team giving legitimate offers understands that while its a risk; prospects are just as much if not more of a risk.

Likewise, Adams or whomever is running the team is likely to understand that the Sabres MUST get top value/near top value for Eichel or they are not only going to be bad for the foreseeable future but will further destroy the remaining passionate fans. You can't see the 34% drop as anything but a shot across the bow telling them we demand better. Otherwise it may actually start to infest their successful venture with the Bills.  (Plus they can't sell/move the team due to the sheer outrage it would cause)

I’m not sure who you are responding to, but the totality of your post says he is untradable.

I wonder if there is a scenario where Adams and Jack come to an understanding that He will be traded, but it will be after 10-15 games next season so that the offers maybe improved after seeing Jack on the Ice in game action. Similar to what Joel Sakic did with Duchene.

Problems with this would be in season trades cut down the number of teams interested as salary cap becomes more of an issue in season. 

The obvious risk is Jack gets injured again or decides to say He’s injured so He cannot be moved until after His NMC Starts. 

Also with the number of forward prospects the Canes have, would they be a good partner. It would have to start with Seth Jarvis though 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I wonder if there is a scenario where Adams and Jack come to an understanding that He will be traded, but it will be after 10-15 games next season so that the offers maybe improved after seeing Jack on the Ice in game action. Similar to what Joel Sakic did with Duchene.

Problems with this would be in season trades cut down the number of teams interested as salary cap becomes more of an issue in season. 

The obvious risk is Jack gets injured again or decides to say He’s injured so He cannot be moved until after His NMC Starts. 

Also with the number of forward prospects the Canes have, would they be a good partner. It would have to start with Seth Jarvis though 

I would say wait for the Carolina topic.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.