OT: Group hug

Doohickie

It's come to my attention that over the last little while, I haven't used my internal filter effectively.  In short, I've been a jerk.  To the people who let me know that, I wanted to publicly recognize that you're right.  So to anyone I've slighted, insulted, been aggressive or abusive to, I apologize and would like to offer a virtual hug.

We're all here for the love of the Sabres.  I lost sight of that.  Peace. 

• Like (+1) 7

I don’t agree with this at all. Good on you for doing self-reflection, but you’re never the issue. 

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

It's come to my attention that over the last little while, I haven't used my internal filter effectively.  In short, I've been a jerk.  To the people who let me know that, I wanted to publicly recognize that you're right.  So to anyone I've slighted, insulted, been aggressive or abusive to, I apologize and would like to offer a virtual hug.

We're all here for the love of the Sabres.  I lost sight of that.  Peace. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think part of my particular frustration is that not for a very long time have I been this lost in terms of knowing what direction the Sabres are going in.  I don't even know what direction I *want* them to go in.

Hug accepted, Count @Doohickie. It's OK not knowing where the Sabres are going. They don't know, either. And they'll change their minds in 2 years anyway. Always in motion is the future.

And other 'Spacers are welcome to hug the 'Ebriate as well.

2021_0605_DoohickiesGroupHug_CROP.thumb.jpg.c968ec4e62314412f91bc448451659e9.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

I don’t agree with this at all. Good on you for doing self-reflection, but you’re never the issue. 

I like that the first response in a thread titled “group hug” about bringing the board together and calming attitudes starts with “I don’t agree”

• Haha (+1) 5

A lot of it has to do with where we are in the offseason...and with a LOT of BIG questions for the Sabres this offseason.  The #1, Eichel, A new coach, Reinhart....etc.

We all have opinions on these things...and with not much happening now our opinions are getting hardened/deeper.   So what is left? To go to the forum and argue with other people who happen to have a different opinion. 

What this forum needs is for things to start happening.  Hire a coach.  Trade Eichel or announce he is going no-where.  Give a week or two between each move and we'll have more to talk about instead of just arguing the same things over and over and over.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Should I take offense that you have not been a jerk to me?  Am I not worth your effort to be a jerk to?  😢

I will allow you one jerk-worthy moment toward me, if you promise to lay off on the hug.  😘😁

Get bent.

😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think all of us looking in our rear view mirror can see we've said things we'd like to take back or re-state. Heck, I've even recieved a warning (well deserved) once. Let's hug away and be passionate about our beloved, frustrating Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2

I foresee a lot of arguments leading up to the draft regarding the 1OA.

Remember... Not even the experts can agree who the top guy is. Far be it from us armchair QBs to figure it out. 

Its all a crapshoot and not worth fighting over. Lets stick to hugs, and for those who are vaccinated... mouth hugs. 😚 

🤪

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

I take it back, now you’re the problem 

I'll give you both a hug AND a smooch.

3 hours ago, Radar said:

I think all of us looking in our rear view mirror can see we've said things we'd like to take back or re-state. Heck, I've even recieved a warning (well deserved) once. Let's hug away and be passionate about our beloved, frustrating Sabres.

Yeah, I got my second warning recently.  At first I denied it, but on reflection, yeah, I've said some things I shouldn't have.  At the time I thought they really needed to be said but on reflection the people I said them to didn't deserve it and now I regret it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.