Sabres' Option: Matthew Beniers

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Generally Matt, sometimes Matthew, rarely Matty, but Matty if ever Pierre McGuire is involved in calling his games

I’m not sure about that. Tell me you can’t hear the below post-game:

”yeah *sniff* ya know *sniff* Matty came out really strong for it being his first game *sniff* ya know *sniff* but *sniff* yeah *sniff* I was really impressed with it being his first game and all *sniff* ya know?”

• Haha (+1) 1

I've watched quite a few prospects over the years but I really love Beniers tenacity. Also his shot is underrated but it needs improvement. 

The one thing I'll add is that he comes with a great pedigree of working hard. Constantly elevating as he goes up each level. 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I've watched quite a few prospects over the years but I really love Beniers tenacity. Also his shot is underrated but it needs improvement. 

The one thing I'll add is that he comes with a great pedigree of working hard. Constantly elevating as he goes up each level. 

This is absolutely true. His “compete” is off the charts.

Just for a random comparable, kakko was around 31-33

Lefrienere was 48-52

I've found that the NCAA, Liiga, and SHL nhle numbers are fairly good predictors while the CHL numbers have more variance. My guess is that the first 3 leagues tend to play a more professional style and sometimes the chl requires a bit of adjustment (especially the Q, O and W are better)

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

He just doesn't look like someone who should go 1st overall. Even in this draft.

No one does, though. 

It's just one of those years the pick will likely yield a good player but not a star 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

If buffalo drafts him hes Hecht with better defense.

No he isn't. That would be his absolute sub-basement floor. A 35-40 point winger who can play center in a pinch is what Hetch basically was and Beniers projects better than that. 

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No he isn't. That would be his absolute sub-basement floor. A 35-40 point winger who can play center in a pinch is what Hetch basically was and Beniers projects better than that. 

If you think he will be better then Hecht  You're setting yourself up for failure.

In my opinion hecht was the most underated player in nhl and was great.

I was giving your guy a  Compliment

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

If you think he will be better then Hecht  You're setting yourself up for failure.

In my opinion hecht was the most underated player in nhl and was great.

I was giving your guy a  Compliment

Hecht was underrated but I think Beniers is better than Hecht. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.