Sabres' Option: William Eklund

LGR4GM

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The more I watch Eklund the more I like him. I want to see him on NA ice where he'd have less time but holy crap is he great with the puck. 

If the Sabres end up with the 3OA pick and leave the First Round with Power and Eklund, it wouldn’t be a bad haul. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If the Sabres end up with the 3OA pick and leave the First Round with Power and Eklund, it wouldn’t be a bad haul. 

I like this.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Almost as good as Eklund and Beniers.😁

I like this, too.

At 1 and 3, give me Eklund and either other guy.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

We really need to revisit Eklund and if you haven't watch the Scouching report your should. Eklund is a Swede Army Knife of skills and ability. 

So to be clear, you truly think Eklund will be a greater impact plyer than Power for whichever team drafts them? If you were KA you would draft.......Eklund? Beniers? But NOT Power? Is that correct?

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

So to be clear, you truly think Eklund will be a greater impact plyer than Power for whichever team drafts them? If you were KA you would draft.......Eklund? Beniers? But NOT Power? Is that correct?

I would draft Power. Do you mean in a specific order?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would draft Power. Do you mean in a specific order?

Oh no, that's all I wanted to know. We pick first and I've been in on Power all the way but it has just seemed like you preferred other players. 

So basically no argument or discussion needed unless we snag another top pick in a deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Coming away with Beniers and Eklund would be spark my curiosity 

Comtois Beniers Cozens would absolutely terrorize in a few years.

But, for balance sake:

Eklund Cozens Quinn

Comtois Mittelstadt Thompson

Olofsson  Beniers Peterka

Asplund

Project to be three well-balanced 200-foot lines full of the hard skill Adams touts

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

But, for balance sake:

Eklund Cozens Quinn

Asplund

Project to be three well-balanced 200-foot lines full of the hard skill Adams touts

I totally agree that lineup could project to be that. 

But at this point in time, I can't help but for the bolded to feel like, (my apologies):

24683775_13044w(1).thumb.jpg.ee312351f23cb96bc8aae7b279ffcfaa.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Thorny said:

I totally agree that lineup could project to be that. 

But at this point in time, I can't help but for the bolded to feel like, (my apologies):

24683775_13044w(1).thumb.jpg.ee312351f23cb96bc8aae7b279ffcfaa.jpg

And the fact the under that scenario poor old Jeff Skinner is still on the 4th line.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And the fact the under that scenario poor old Jeff Skinner is still on the 4th line.

I dunno about Thompson quite yet, so in that scenario I could see Olofsson shifting over for him, and Skinner playing with Beniers and Peterka. Poor old Skinner, definitely, but imagine a Skinner, OF old, with those two. Intriguing. I like the balanced lineup cause I think Cozens should be at centre. 

Losing Eichel and Reinhart would sting, and as a fan, but if we come away with two forwards high up in the draft somehow, it would take a bit of the edge away in the sense of regardless of whether or not I agree with the rebuilding strategy, if we are going really young, that's the way to do it and take a solid run at it. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh no, that's all I wanted to know. We pick first and I've been in on Power all the way but it has just seemed like you preferred other players. 

So basically no argument or discussion needed unless we snag another top pick in a deal. 

I do prefer others but I mean that's fine. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

But, for balance sake:

Eklund Cozens Quinn

Asplund

Elkund Cozens Peterka

Comtois Beniers Quinn

VO Mitts Tage 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

But, for balance sake:

Eklund Cozens Quinn

Asplund

What players are you expecting to get back from Anaheim besides Comtois and the 3OA pick? Unless Zegras or Drysdale (preferably Zegras) come back from a Jack trade the deal is not a good deal for us. 

The lineup you assembled post trade has a lot of promise. What you are illustrating is that if our primary players do get traded (as expected) and the transactions are handled smartly we can come away with a promising lineup that will get us out of the deep rut of futility. 

• Like (+1) 1

The more draft analysis I read I’m wondering if he is not the BPA for us. Im still against Power at No.1  but the difference between Beniers and Eklund is minuscule. To me it comes down to a debate between Eklund’d O skills and Beniers as a two way center.  I’m still leaning toward Beniers but it’s very close.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.