Sabres' Option: William Eklund

LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've liked Eklund the best since before anyone talked about him as a potential "highest ranked forward "

There was a point very early in the process where I said I was very high on him as a forward. Largely the eye test against men. But I also noted that he seems to take advantage of the bigger ice a lot which I wonder about when it comes to transitioning to the NHL.

16 hours ago, I-90 W said:

Eklund has been playing with grown men in the SHL (that league is no joke) and his last season ranks 17th all time in PPG for 18yo. That is ahead of some very big names at that age. Draft him at 1OA.

Not sure he has the top end speed to compete at the NHL level 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/william-eklund-profile--draft/c-325650580

"I think I have to improve my shooting," said Eklund. "I think I have to get that shot faster and better in tight areas. I also have to have better top speed. I think I'm more of a quick player than fast in the long term. Those are two things I really need to improve."

17 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Hard to deny how badass some of this is.

William Eklund, the Djurgårdens IF up-and-coming star and likely top-five pick in the 2021 NHL Draft, will make his way door-to-door inviting children to play road hockey outside.

“Even if some of the kids don’t want to play, he drags them out,” his father, Christian Eklund, said.

And William Eklund brings a team of his own, with five younger siblings to join him.

Eklund is only 18 years old, but is already a natural leader, having spent so much of his life as the head of the pack in his household. He has one younger brother, 14-year-old Victor who also plays in Djurgårdens’ youth setup; three stepbrothers, aged 8, 6 and 2; and one stepsister, who is 14 years old.

The Hockey’s Arsenal link makes you drool over his skill set and that Athletic profile makes him sound like exactly the type of character you want to add.

This kid is a victim of COVID, both on the ice, and in terms of the hype. The more I’ve looked into him the clearer it becomes. He is the best player in the draFt.

Matt Barzal went 16 because of his size. Joe Sakic went 15. Eklund is cut from the same cloth.

Hes going to be a stud and we’re nuts if we don’t pick him.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.