Sabres win lottery: Wednesday June 2nd, 7pm EDT

WildCard

5 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

In such a weak draft, following a COVID year, and last years firing of all buy about 5 scouts I am not that excited about the draft.

I imagine if we pick we will do so poorly - probably half compiled from media scouts lists.

if we trade it we will get little in return due to it being a weak draft; with disrupted scouting and no clear number one.

Lets see what Adams does with it - certainly another tool to work with. But I imagine we will likely be looking at a top five pick for the next few years.

Is there not hope that the addition of Karmanos will add value in the draft room?  I must assume that all Pittsburg's scouts had been submitting updates throughout 2020/2021, and he brings a cadre of differing views.  Maybe even some that don't meet the narrative of however remaining scouts the Sabres do have on the books (is it really 5?).  In addition to the reports he had access to, is it not plausible they hire other scouts/exec staff post July 1st?  The entry draft on July 23rd, and most of these contracts expire in late June/early July.   Might be interesting to have different voices in the room.  

#stayingpositiveaboutthefirstoverall

3 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Is there not hope that the addition of Karmanos will add value in the draft room?  I must assume that all Pittsburg's scouts had been submitting updates throughout 2020/2021, and he brings a cadre of differing views.  Maybe even some that don't meet the narrative of however remaining scouts the Sabres do have on the books (is it really 5?).  In addition to the reports he had access to, is it not plausible they hire other scouts/exec staff post July 1st?  The entry draft on July 23rd, and most of these contracts expire in late June/early July.   Might be interesting to have different voices in the room.  

#stayingpositiveaboutthefirstoverall

I think all Front Office Contracts were extended through the draft 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

People love this - but this is what every single draft is about.

True but...for an inexperienced GM the "safe" pick is the player who has shown the most to date.  The fact that GMKA verbalized this is encouraging to me.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

True but...for an inexperienced GM the "safe" pick is the player who has shown the most to date.  The fact that GMKA verbalized this is encouraging to me.

The Quinn pick would be in direct contradiction to this so don't get your hopes up 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He's a year older and more experienced now.

Just saying, it may be indicative of his strategy. There's been no indication he'd want to "learn" from the Quinn pick - by all accounts the jury is still out - and he remains confident in it 

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Just saying, it may be indicative of his strategy. There's been no indication he'd want to "learn" from the Quinn pick - by all accounts the jury is still out - and he remains confident in it 

And there’s no reason he should be questioning or questioned for it for at least another two years.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

And there’s no reason he should be questioning or questioned for it for at least another two years.

First part sure,

bold part, no I don't feel bound by those terms 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

The Quinn pick would be in direct contradiction to this so don't get your hopes up 

No.  I don’t think so.  I would say quite the opposite.  After drafting Quinn it was explicitly said that he was picked in large part because they think he does have so much development ahead of him.

55 minutes ago, Thorny said:

First part sure,

bold part, no I don't feel bound by those terms 

You’re free to do as you please but anything prior to it I’d find to be premature. If Quinn ends up being damn good and as good/better than Rossi/those right behind him it’s a big credit to Adams going out on a limb there. If he’s not, well ... ***** him.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Curt said:

No.  I don’t think so.  I would say quite the opposite.  After drafting Quinn it was explicitly said that he was picked in large part because they think he does have so much development ahead of him.

Definitely. Misread that, though he was arguing in favor of thinking the "safe" pick is the way Adams goes 

15 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

What is driving the rumours that Power may hold out and refuse to sign with Buffalo?

Those rumors don’t exist

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Definitely. Misread that, though he was arguing in favor of thinking the "safe" pick is the way Adams goes 

I sort of went off on my own with my original response to you and wasn’t really talking about the safe pick factor. Mostly just saying we can’t judge whether or not he should need to learn from that pick. If it works out then maybe it’s a sign whatever strategy applied to that pick was the correct one.

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Those rumors don’t exist

I sort of went off on my own with my original response to you and wasn’t really talking about the safe pick factor. Mostly just saying we can’t judge whether or not he should need to learn from that pick. If it works out then maybe it’s a sign whatever strategy applied to that pick was the correct one.

I was speaking of Doohickie 

Ya like I said originally, the jury is out on it

36 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Those rumors don’t exist

Though they don't seem credible, there is a thread here dedicated to them, so ...

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Though they don't seem credible, there is a thread here dedicated to them, so ...

Only because the OP in said thread misunderstood the tweet. It wasn’t a rumor about him not wanting to be here, at all. The tweet was deleted because the joke was a miss.

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The OP of that thread was a fundamental misunderstanding of the tweet that was quoted.

There are no rumors of Power rejecting Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.