Sabres win lottery: Wednesday June 2nd, 7pm EDT

WildCard

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Four Lefties as the Top Four, Yikes 

976AE237-04DC-4F2A-9BCE-044AE461CE37.jpeg

I don't understand why he'd even write something like that. There isn't a single example in the the league of a top 4 all being the same handedness, it would literally never happen 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I want you to Google the word "consensus".  He's not that, he's on average 1st yes but consensus implies it's this settled conclusion and every person agrees. 

For the record, I like Power. 

He's gonna go 2nd overall

As will Beniers

In case I missed it...if Power goes 2nd, who do you see as #1.....Beniers?

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It also doesn’t change the reality that the Sabres will still be picking in the Top 10 for the next few years, since they cannot ***** score 

Hence why they need a full rebuild. Eichel and Reinhart want out, Risto needs to go.  Take the best player now, secure as many young assets as possible from those moves.  You have some stud forwards in the next 2 drafts. Try to build this properly for once.

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Cool, so when all these guys will be 30+ years old, we'll know what we have in this #1 pick. Good thing Adams has that crystal ball to see into the future. What a ***** clown show!!!!!!

What are you talking about?  He said they are looking for the player who will be best at age 22-23.  That makes total sense and is boiler plate GM speak anyway.  I don’t see all the negativity that you are getting from it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

First overall?

Yes! YES! YYEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4782597

giphy.gif

.....sorry?

Wrong thread?

I think it might have something to do with the fact that, after today's results, we are more likely to get the guy Adams wants, but probably less likely to get the guy most around here wanted.

Edited by Thorny

35 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Sorry... I haven't followed him at all to this point.

He's got the size to be a Pronger... is his demeanor not there?

Correct. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

D-men take longer to develop generally than forwards. Even Reinhart had 42 points his first NHL season.

They should rip the band-aid and deal JE already

Adams should try icing a group that doesn't suck. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Pronman:

“Owen Power enters the 2021 NHL Draft as the presumed favorite to be the No. 1 pick, with most — albeit not all NHL scouts — saying he would be their top ranked prospect.”

More from Pronman 

“ If you told me in seven or eight years that Power became as valuable as Dougie Hamilton or Hedman, I could completely buy that outcome. Given how good Power looked playing with and against NHL players at the world championships, I could easily envision him in the NHL next season and more than holding his own.”

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Hence why they need a full rebuild. Eichel and Reinhart want out, Risto needs to go.  Take the best player now, secure as many young assets as possible from those moves.  You have some stud forwards in the next 2 drafts. Try to build this properly for once.

Beniers is a better prospect, has a higher NHLe and a Higher Percentage Chance of being a NHL Star per Hockey Prospectus at 39% compared to 7% for Power. 

Power really does not have any overwhelming traits besides His Size, which by all accounts He rarely uses. 

Beniers is a better all around player and plays in all situations. 

Beniers took over games for Michigan last season, The same cannot be said for Powers. 

And I understand that a large majority of Scouts have Power as Number One, but I look at the 2006 Draft when Central Scouting had Erik Johnson Number One.  The Blues took Him First Overall, Jordan Staal when Second, Jonathan Toews Third and Nicklaus Backstrom Fourth. In a draft redo, I’ll bet the Blues would take any of those three over Johnson. The Sabres cannot afford to end up in the same position. 

If Eichel is traded Anaheim with the 3rd Pick or LAK with the 8th Pick can bring a defenseman whose drop off from Power will not be significant. 

Granato had this team playing much better and over a full season they probably finish in the 25-30 range and end up drafting 8th the next two years, missing out on the top draft forwards. Had they selected Rossi or Lundell in 2020, I could maybe be convinced about Power. 

Of Their 5 picks  in the Top 32 over the past three drafts  66.7 of them were LHD.  Adding a fourth LHD would be bad asset management. 

The team needs forwards and Centers are easier to convert to wingers. 

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think it might have something to do with the fact that, after today's results, we are more likely to get the guy Adams wants, but probably less likely to get the guy most around here wanted.

I'm of a mind that Adams has long desired Beniers; he's a poster child for Adams hockey.

The "Sabres gonna Sabre" eruption on the internet if he takes him at #1 will be hard to take.

I am convinced the Beniers will be a very good hockey player, the question is will it be Drury or Bergeron.

Not sure if Power will be more Aaron Ekblad/Alex Pietrangelo in stature than Eric Johnson/Eric Gudbranson. Not sure if I trust the Sabres scouts to make that call.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ha okay.

Talking mostly football here but teams do not draft BPA in the early rounds of the NFL draft. The entire first and probably the entire second are all need-based picks (they take the best player at a position of need) and then you start to get more BPA as you go on ... but even into the deeper rounds they're filling spots they think could help in the near future more than always BPA.

55 minutes ago, Curt said:

What are you talking about?  He said they are looking for the player who will be best at age 22-23.  That makes total sense and is boiler plate GM speak anyway.  I don’t see all the negativity that you are getting from it.

No one knows how any player is gonna look in 4-5 years, unless there is a McDavid in the draft. And there is no one close to that level of talent. You trust Kevyn Adams to pick the guy that will be the best player in the future? I sure don't. The Sabres draft like dogshit. 

11 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

More from Pronman 

“ If you told me in seven or eight years that Power became as valuable as Dougie Hamilton or Hedman, I could completely buy that outcome. Given how good Power looked playing with and against NHL players at the world championships, I could easily envision him in the NHL next season and more than holding his own.”

There really should be an asterisk with this. Team Canada’s Best NHL Defenseman is Colin Miller. The rest of the teams are lacking Star Power as well, except the US with Matty Beniers 

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm of a mind that Adams has long desired Beniers; he's a poster child for Adams hockey.

The "Sabres gonna Sabre" eruption on the internet if he takes him at #1 will be hard to take.

I am convinced the Beniers will be a very good hockey player, the question is will it be Drury or Bergeron.

Not sure if Power will be more Aaron Ekblad/Alex Pietrangelo in stature than Eric Johnson/Eric Gudbranson. Not sure if I trust the Sabres scouts to make that call.

Until Terry is in the draft room and likes Power’s Last Name and blows up the Draft Board. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I can't stand the guy, I'm sorry. I turned on Botts really quick, too. Hopefully way wrong on this one and some regression to the mean. 

Maybe I'm just burned out but I just can't bring myself to caring whatsoever about whoever our GM is at the given time. They're either going to be another failure or lead us to glory. I just don't care anymore until he's fired or validated. I had very strong opinions on our coaching staff and front office for the longest time and it's to the point where I'm just over it. They'll either get it done or they won't. Kevin could have said "sucks this is a year too soon but we're fortunate nonetheless" and it still wouldn't have moved the needle. It's hard enough to care about Buffalo Sabres. I just don't have it in me any more to be pissed at our front office over anything. It all just seems so futile. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.