Sabres win lottery: Wednesday June 2nd, 7pm EDT

WildCard

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Do they need to spend the Number One Overall Pick on that though?

Settling for Singles and Stand Up Doubles, when triples or swinging for the fences is needed, has done wonders for them so far 

They shouldn't no. You draft Power in the teens routinely. 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Or this 

lucious lyon wtf GIF

• Thanks (+1) 2

I’m so glad I’m not that ultra sensitive about what players and coaches and owners and GM’s say to the media. I think all of his comments are just heat of the moment snapshots. Nothing to “read between the lines” about or have a strong reaction to albeit positive or negative. In totality … yawn.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No he isn't. He is probably #1 for 6 out of 10, that's not consensus just because tsn says so. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-top-15-mock-draft-sabres-position-take-owen-power-first-overall/

Yes he is.  Sportsnet, TSN who talk to NHL scouts and NHL Central Scouting all have him number 1.  Where StartUpOnlineScouting.com has him is irrelevant.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The idea of the reverse standings order is about deservedness 

It's not about teams feeling a little bit better about their poor output lol 

I mean ... yes?

I feel better about everything we went through when we get the first pick...

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Just wondering: if we trade Eichel to Anaheim, do we try to get #3 this year or a 1st next year?

You definitely try to get the pick this year because teams can flip a switch pretty quickly in this league. It’s a later team you might target next year ... or both.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-top-15-mock-draft-sabres-position-take-owen-power-first-overall/

Yes he is.  Sportsnet, TSN who talk to NHL scouts and NHL Central Scouting all have him number 1.  Where StartUpOnlineScouting.com has him is irrelevant.

You think that's it? Holy hell. 

Elite

McKeens

Dobber 

All have Power lower than 1st overall. 

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You think that's it? Holy hell. 

Elite

McKeens

Dobber 

All have Power lower than 1st overall. 

If you take all your sites, average them out, who is the top ranked player? Power  If you look at the NHL scouts and the people plugged into NHL front offices, who is the #1 pick? Power

we Get it, you don’t like him but that doesn’t change the reality of where he is going to go.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

I agree.  Power could play in the NHL but I see him, Johnson and Benier each playing one more year at Michigan.  Hughes is the one that worries me - he could be the best of the draft but has a broken foot

Power will still be 18 come training camp.  Nothing wrong with 1 more season at Michigan. 

43 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Please draft dylan guenther i will never cheat on my diet again.

I think your dream officially died tonight 

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

If you take all your sites, average them out, who is the top ranked player? Power  If you look at the NHL scouts and the people plugged into NHL front offices, who is the #1 pick? Power

we Get it, you don’t like him but that doesn’t change the reality of where he is going to go.

I want you to Google the word "consensus".  He's not that, he's on average 1st yes but consensus implies it's this settled conclusion and every person agrees. 

For the record, I like Power. 

He's gonna go 2nd overall

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Power will still be 18 come training camp.  Nothing wrong with 1 more season at Michigan. 

I think your dream officially died tonight 

As will Beniers

11 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

It also doesn’t change the reality that the Sabres will still be picking in the Top 10 for the next few years, since they cannot ***** score 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.