Eichel to Meet with Sabres to Discuss Options regarding Neck Injury Next Week

Brawndo

I cannot fathom how someone taking a slapshot would break their own rib. Soft tissue injury? Absolutely. Breaking a bone? If that’s the case, he should be tested for cancer.

As for the neck, my armchair opinion is that these problems don’t occur instantaneously with a healthy disk. The problems occur after there’s already some previous damage to the disk.

7 hours ago, SDS said:

I cannot fathom how someone taking a slapshot would break their own rib. Soft tissue injury? Absolutely. Breaking a bone? If that’s the case, he should be tested for cancer.

As for the neck, my armchair opinion is that these problems don’t occur instantaneously with a healthy disk. The problems occur after there’s already some previous damage to the disk.

I have heard of baseball guys doing it... gotta be a flexibility issue... not enough small muscle and tendon stretching and strengthening too much large muscle bulk working out... We once had a big guy on out team tear a bicep taking a slap shop... work out warrior... little tendons and muscles help stability and control and take stress off other parts being used

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SDS said:

If your muscles are strong enough and pull hard enough at the point where they attach to bone, you can fracture small bones in this way.  People fracture ribs while sneezing.

He said it was a rib tip fracture.  I’ve got to think it was core muscles pulling on one of his lower ribs while taking a slap shot.

52 minutes ago, Curt said:

If your muscles are strong enough and pull hard enough at the point where they attach to bone, you can fracture small bones in this way.  People fracture ribs while sneezing.

He said it was a rib tip fracture.  I’ve got to think it was core muscles pulling on one of his lower ribs while taking a slap shot.

I’m not aware of this phenomenon young healthy people. I’ve heard of it in older people.

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

I have heard of baseball guys doing it... gotta be a flexibility issue... not enough small muscle and tendon stretching and strengthening too much large muscle bulk working out... We once had a big guy on out team tear a bicep taking a slap shop... work out warrior... little tendons and muscles help stability and control and take stress off other parts being used

That’s why I was suggesting that soft tissue damage seemed more likely.

19 minutes ago, SDS said:

I’m not aware of this phenomenon young healthy people. I’ve heard of it in older people.

That’s why I was suggesting that soft tissue damage seemed more likely.

What’s even more likely is that he passed out from booze and painkillers that I heard he is now addicted to after staying awake for three days on blow and landed on his brand new PlayStation 5 controller.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

The plan seems to be to let new team make decision 

So the Sabres have publicly (or at least privately?) admitted that they're dealing Jack? I know that's been the prevailing thought among the fanbase for weeks now, but nothing so concrete from the team. 

Not that they'd come out and say it necessarily, but that didn't seem to be so clearly the plan when KA last spoke publicly. 

Edited by fiftyone

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.