Toronto Lost the North and Well Beaten SabreSpace Horses

SwampD

I mentioned this in the Blue Jays thread but it got lost.

If the Leafs come out of the North, do they play in Buffalo, as well? Precedent has been set and I don’t see Canada opening up any time soon.

If not Buffalo, then where?

... how Buffalo would it be if the Leafs went on to win it all and the first Stanley Cup won in Buffalo went to Toronto.

Edited by SwampD
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If the Leafs come out of the North, do they play in Buffalo, as well? Precedent has been set and I don’t see Canada opening up any time soon.

... how Buffalo would it be if the Leafs went on to win it all and the first Stanley Cup won in Buffalo went to Toronto.

https://images.app.goo.gl/HQqSG4R7VQs3UopP9

• Haha (+1) 1

Largest college hockey arenas *not* in NHL cities that are reasonably close to Toronto:

• XL Center, Hartford, CT, seats 15,564, 500 miles from Toronto
  • Kohl Center in Madison, WI, seats 15,325, 660 miles from Toronto

XL Center is closer, and if they play a team from the east there will be less travel during the series. 

If either of those are a consideration and amount of travel is a factor, they would probably see who they're playing in the next round.

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

If the Pegulas let that happen that there would be an unforgivable offence against the fans and community of Buffalo. Perhaps the league can force this ? Time to start some renovations Terry.

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

If the Pegulas let that happen that there would be an unforgivable offence against the fans and community of Buffalo. Perhaps the league can force this ? Time to start some renovations Terry.

I think he should do it, then make the team sit first row, right behind the benches, so they are forced to see what playoff hockey looks like first hand.😂

So, if not another NHL arena, where will Toronto or Winnipeg play their “home” games? What other options are there? I don’t know enough about NCAA hockey to know if their arenas would be big enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

That remains a ridiculous take. Were the Bills also awarded the comeback win?

You are sooooo predictable.  You know there is a huge difference between missing a call (and there were calls that went the Eulers way as well - non offensive pass interference & roughing the passer that were highly questionable just to name 2) & actively disregarding ones rules, procedures, & protocols & then still further going so far as to changing a definition in the rule book to cover that up.  (As you know, the definition of gaining control of the puck has since been altered from what it was in '99.)

You FINALLY agree that Hull did not score a legal goal, which is at least a start.  Amazing how bitterly you clung to that falsehood that it was legit for years.  Good for you on getting that part right.

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You are sooooo predictable.  You know there is a huge difference between missing a call (and there were calls that went the Eulers way as well - non offensive pass interference & roughing the passer that were highly questionable just to name 2) & actively disregarding ones rules, procedures, & protocols & then still further going so far as to changing a definition in the rule book to cover that up.  (As you know, the definition of gaining control of the puck has since been altered from what it was in '99.)

You FINALLY agree that Hull did not score a legal goal, which is at least a start.  Amazing how bitterly you clung to that falsehood that it was legit for years.  Good for you on getting that part right.

And you're not predictable or bitter. Be careful of karma. The Sabres' first Cup might be awarded and not won.

Still waiting for your smoking gun evidence about the umbrella man in 216 or something. Will that be released 50 years after your death?

Heyo. Summer reruns

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

Really? How do you see any relationship . The Bills didn't win on a clear penalty.

The Bills had to roll snake eyes about 12 times to win that game. I don't think they win the game if Beebe's TD is called back. And I don't hear anyone saying to this day the NFL cheated for them.

31 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Correct me if I am wrong, at the time didn't they say that technically, by the book, the goal was legal? But the entire season they had been calling the rule differently and did a 180 for the Hull goal? 

Am I remembering that totally wrong?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Correct me if I am wrong, at the time didn't they say that technically, by the book, the goal was legal? But the entire season they had been calling the rule differently and did a 180 for the Hull goal? 

Am I remembering that totally wrong?

That IS what they said.  And they were lying through their teeth.

The search function here stinks, but I've laid out the case proving that on several occasions here.  Not going to rehash it all again.

But the Reader's Digest version is they lied about control, they lied about the interpretation of the memo, & they lied about who & how the play was reviewed.

Gregson is also on record as saying he would've overturned the call had he been given the details.  (He couldn't see the play clearly because Holzinger was in the way.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And you're not predictable or bitter. Be careful of karma. The Sabres' first Cup might be awarded and not won.

Still waiting for your smoking gun evidence about the umbrella man in 216 or something. Will that be released 50 years after your death?

Heyo. Summer reruns

Dude, you have admitted that the goal was not legit.  All the rest of this is obfuscation & YOUR bitterness at having had a pearl you desperately & lovingly clutched at to have been proven to be paste. Not going to go back through it all, because it's a waste of time.  You know how this one ends as you've lived this rerun many times.  Spoiler alert:  the goal wasn't legit.  And no amount of crying by Hull about how mean the fans were nor obfuscation by you will change that fact. 

Say it w/ us, loud & proud: NO GOAL!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Well said. I agree 100%. Not just because I'm a Sabre fan but because the rule that was followed all season was completely ignored on the biggest stage of the game (The Finals).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I think it matters who they play, and that they will try to reduce travel so much for the series.

They could be playing either Colorado, Vegas, or Minnesota.

If they play Vegas, I could see them making a home base in Phoenix or Los Angeles

If they play Minnesota, Maybe Chicago is the spot.

They are going to have to relocate for 2 weeks.  I don't think they would want to give the other team they are playing 7 home games (it might be an option) but to me it makes the most sense to have them practice, live, and play their 'home' games in a city with facilities that is the closest to who they are playing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.