OT : Wife going out of town

Buffalonill

• Buffalonill changed the title to OT : Wife going out of town

To keep the spirit of the diet grill some chicken breast.  No skin, no sauce.  Season with Pepper, garlic powder, salt (not a lot of salt), add other like spices like coriander, cumin, paprika, fresh parsley.    Make a rub and rub it in, then grill   

Marinate a pork tenderloin - Google for low cal homemade marinade (olive oil, balsamic, spices).  Grill it. 

Roast fresh vegetables on the grill - zucchini, yellow squash green beans, opinion - again olive oil and seasoning.

makes salads with romaine, leaf lettuce, onion, tomatoes, whatever you like.  Make your own dressing - olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.  

eat yogurt, eat fruits and vegetables.  

• Like (+1) 1

The 'Ebriate had a similar out-of-town culinary experience recently. I don't process red meat as I did when I was a youngling, so I did:

Saturday - grilled a 28 oz. ribeye on the Weber; roasted Greek potatoes, homemade Caesar and a whole romaine heart

Sunday - the remaining meat got sliced and warmed at the very end in a pan full of Stroganoff. Mushrooms, onions, some paprika, and half a container of sour cream. Served over a bowl of pasta.

Edit: I can post the stroganoff recipe I use, and I can sorta approximate the Caesar dressing, if requested.

Edited by DarthEbriate

36 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Had no idea where to put this  apologise.

First thing im not a cheating man but.. im looking on cheating on this diet 

So please give me some ideas of fantastic recipes any ideas please  ! 

A man can't Survive on baked fish

https://therecipecritic.com/man-pleasing-meals/

pick a couple of these meals and eat while watching Dylan Guenther videos.😜🤣

I just had a nice pasta primivara.

zuchini, squash, red/green bell pepper, red onion, grape tomatoes (halved), carrot, broccoli, fresh garlic, italian seasoning, sauteed soft.

mix veggies w/ pasta, half cup of water from pasta, pasta, olive oil, fresh pecorino romano 

Oh yeah, fresh parsley and salt to taste

simple and delish

Edited by Leaf Blower

Sprouted Bread and water

This site is very good …

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/18005/lifestyle-diets/vegetarian/

Or, just say screw it. Order a pizza, pay cash, cut up the box and throw out the evidence at a Walmart garbage can before she gets back home.

enjoy with hockey.

you’re welcome …

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Go to you friendly neighborhood Oriental grocery store and find these tiny cans of Thai curry. They come in red, green, yellow, Panang and Massaman styles. Also pick up a can of coconut milk and a bottle of fish sauce. Then stir-fry any combo of vegetables and meats, add in a heaping spoon of Thai curry, a splash of fish sauce and coconut milk. The secret of eating light is cooking with vibrant flavors and a bit of spicy heat.

maesri-green-curry-paste-jarred-paste-0f

I also recommend Mother-in-Law brand garlic Gochujang sauce if you can find it. Really brings flavorful heat. Put it on any meat. A teaspoon with a little oil makes a great marinade.

Mother-in-Law-Gochujang-Garlic-Condiment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Go to you friendly neighborhood Oriental grocery store and find these tiny cans of Thai curry. They come in red, green, yellow, Panang and Massaman styles. Also pick up a can of coconut milk and a bottle of fish sauce. Then stir-fry any combo of vegetables and meats, add in a heaping spoon of Thai curry, a splash of fish sauce and coconut milk. The secret of eating light is cooking with vibrant flavors and a bit of spicy heat.

maesri-green-curry-paste-jarred-paste-0f

I am very interested in this. 

Baked Mac and cheese.

cook one box of macaroni, penne or whatever pasta you like and drain.

Melt a stick of butter in a medium pot.  Once melted, stir in a half cup of flour.

In a separate pot, heat up 3 cups of whole milk, or 2 cups of 1% plus 1 cup of cream, on medium-high heat, stirring periodically until it foams up.  Once that happens, stir it into the butter/flour mixture on medium-low heat.  Then, stir in 2 bags of shredded cheese.  Salt to taste.  It should be a melted cheesy lava at this point.

grease a baking dish with a little butter or cooking spray.  Put a thin layer of the cheese lava on the bottom of the baking dish, then combine the cooked pasta with the rest of the lava in the baking dish and stir until everything is evenly distributed.

sprinkle a thick layer of grated Parmesan on top.  Make sure you get the edges with a lot of Parmesan.

bake at 325 for 30 min.

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Order a pizza, pay cash, cut up the box and throw out the evidence at a Walmart garbage can before she gets back home.

As a Canadian that hasn't had WNY pizza in over a year, do this! [End thread] 😁

I've taken to making my own to try to emulate the style. We don't have the legit cup and char pepperoni here or the US mozzarella, but there's a place that is maybe 80% there on the pepperoni, and I've found a cheese blend thats ok. My crust is a work in progress, but getting better... I think the key is proof in the fridge.

I'm still shooting major blanks on the sauce though. Any tips?

Sorry about the hijack.

No consequences you say. Then how about the culinary wizardry of Scotland.  This delectable morsel made worldwide headlines for being pretty much to foodie equivalent of an early grave. I present to you all.... The Legendary... Stonner Supper*

0_Screen-Shot-2018-11-26-at-105440.png

https://www.theage.com.au/national/batter-up-for-kebab-thats-hit-health-snag-20040912-gdymbh.html

Pork Sausage, wrapped in donner kebab meat, dipped in batter, deep fried, dipped into batter again and deep fried again. 

1000 Calories approx. 

*please do not eat this horror show. Also for the non Scots. "Stonner" is a colloquialism for an erection. And we use the term "supper" to signify that it comes with chips (I.e. Big fat fries).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Make sure you mix in plenty of chicken, of the choked variety.  

Animated GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Shrimp and grits with an egg. It is actually super easy to make and the egg really adds some pop. The secret though is lemon juice.

whisk about 2 cups of whole milk, 1/2 -1cup of water, 2tbsp of butter, pinch of salt to taste together and bring it to a boil. Then stir in about 3/4 cups of grits and stir occasionally until the grits are soft. Cook the shrimp by tossing them in oil and salt and pepper b4 putting them in a hot pan 2-4 minutes and then take a Lemon and kill the shrimps heat while squeezing the lemon juice on them. It will deglaze your pan and give you a nice light sauce. Finally get some fresh white cheddar and grate some into the grits. Pour the shrimps and sauce over the grits and then add your egg on top. If you prep and cook it is about 20-25minutes. 

Edited by LGR4GM

All these are very good I'll save the healthy ones when shes around lol

Im just looking for a meal  Where you're disappointed at yourself the next day 

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

Beer and pizza. Can't go wrong.

Always  good 

10 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Baked Mac and cheese.

cook one box of macaroni, penne or whatever pasta you like and drain.

Melt a stick of butter in a medium pot.  Once melted, stir in a half cup of flour.

In a separate pot, heat up 3 cups of whole milk, or 2 cups of 1% plus 1 cup of cream, on medium-high heat, stirring periodically until it foams up.  Once that happens, stir it into the butter/flour mixture on medium-low heat.  Then, stir in 2 bags of shredded cheese.  Salt to taste.  It should be a melted cheesy lava at this point.

grease a baking dish with a little butter or cooking spray.  Put a thin layer of the cheese lava on the bottom of the baking dish, then combine the cooked pasta with the rest of the lava in the baking dish and stir until everything is evenly distributed.

sprinkle a thick layer of grated Parmesan on top.  Make sure you get the edges with a lot of Parmesan.

bake at 325 for 30 min.

Yeah this might be my side dish in 2 days 

3 hours ago, steveoath said:

No consequences you say. Then how about the culinary wizardry of Scotland.  This delectable morsel made worldwide headlines for being pretty much to foodie equivalent of an early grave. I present to you all.... The Legendary... Stonner Supper*

0_Screen-Shot-2018-11-26-at-105440.png

https://www.theage.com.au/national/batter-up-for-kebab-thats-hit-health-snag-20040912-gdymbh.html

Pork Sausage, wrapped in donner kebab meat, dipped in batter, deep fried, dipped into batter again and deep fried again. 

1000 Calories approx. 

*please do not eat this horror show. Also for the non Scots. "Stonner" is a colloquialism for an erection. And we use the term "supper" to signify that it comes with chips (I.e. Big fat fries).

2 best things that have ever come from Scotland are Scotch eggs and whiskey.

image.thumb.png.300f317f0b8008361e667bfa130de996.png

I recommend the whiskey as a dessert after the eggs.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Smoked meatloaf.

And if that doesn't do it for you make an oikin-birdie.

https://www.smokymtbarbecue.com/barbeque-articles/bacon-wrapped-chicken-recipe/

Amazin’ Cajun Bacon-Wrapped and Stuffed Whole Smoked Chicken

image.thumb.png.dc6ebc126be7a60da3289bc5c9d9fab9.png

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

All these are very good I'll save the healthy ones when shes around lol

Yeah this might be my side dish in 2 days 

The baked mac and cheese is a fantastic side dish with any kind of meat.  We like it with ribs or pork shoulder from the smoker but it's also really good with steak, burgers, etc.

One important point is to bake until it's nice and brown on top (but not black, of course).  30 min is about right, but you should check the coloring and leave it in until it browns. You need those crispy edges.

Thick Cut Bacon, sprinkled with ground pepper or even better - BBQ rub.

Prepare in a shallow cookie tray with bacon sitting on parchment paper or tin foil (no mess to clean up).

Convection oven at 400 for 18-19 minutes.  

Oh, and some eggs too if you want.

Mmmmmm ... bacon!

Bacon.jpg

Grilling.jpg

Edited by BuffalOhio
Corrected spelling
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.