Sabres Head Coaching Search

Brawndo

31 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Sad that the GM has to bounce literally everything off the owner.    Let KA do his damn job.

I think every single GM meets with their owner when they’re going through the coach hiring process.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, tom webster said:

You mean the owner of the organization wants to be kept informed of million dollars decisions?

If I was just about the most incompetent owner in hockey history whose meddling led to my team being the single worst organization in modern league history I'd probably come to the conclusion to stop and just get the hell out of the way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Hoss said:

Not particularly. I don’t remember the players being all that fond of him and he doesn’t have a high track record of success. The team found more success when he left and they even lost their best player in that span.

Because the Sens denied the request does that mean the request was to interview him for an assistant position?

It would have to I'd presume.

I'm guessing GMKA is both interviewing for head coaches and potential associate/assistant coaches. Essentially hedging his bets. Granato hasn't had any other interviews so I'm guessing he'd likely stay on with Buffalo depending on the head coach. If he is the head coach Adams likely wants to grab at least one experienced HC to be an assistant 

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

You mean the owner of the organization wants to be kept informed of million dollars decisions?

The owner(s) want to be kept informed, or they want to insert themselves into the decision making process over and over again? 😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

If I was just about the most incompetent owner in hockey history whose meddling led to my team being the single worst organization in modern league history I'd probably come to the conclusion to stop and just get the hell out of the way.

Yes but Kim knows more information than the fans do.  She sees things.  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes but Kim knows more information than the fans do.  She sees things.  

Yeah...I see things too....More ***** hockey on the horizon if we don't make the right moves starting with this offseason

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

How sad is it, that the Sabres know they can take all the time in the world to hire a HC, because the guy they are probably going to “settle for”(Granato), isn’t exactly in high demand for any other NHL HC openings?

But they can say they did an exhaustive search to find the best guy.  Even though some of the best candidates are not interested in working for them.  

Isn't Granato under contract?

Isn't Brind'Amour under contract?

I was under the impression hockey ops employees are typically contracted until the end of June.

The pandemic and (in Granato's case) an interim tag may affect that, but I'm pretty sure neither is able to talk to other people right now without permission.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, usually  end of June for hockey ops. Brind’Amour is end of June. I wonder if he is waiting until July just to see what is out there before deciding on Carolina.

I think Brind’Amour’s situation and Lane Lambert are the two people holding up a Sabres coaching hire. 

The draft is end of July so I don’t know how it works for front office/scouts this season.  I doubt the NHL wants a bunch of them switching teams weeks before the draft so they might not be hockey ops hires til end of July.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Isn't Granato under contract?

Isn't Brind'Amour under contract?

I was under the impression hockey ops employees are typically contracted until the end of June.

The pandemic and (in Granato's case) an interim tag may affect that, but I'm pretty sure neither is able to talk to other people right now without permission.

This is why all other changes to front office will be announced after draft. The Sabres are hiring people presently under contract for front office positions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.