NHL Rumors and Trade Speculation 2021-22 Season

Brawndo

33 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The Leafs trading Marner for the lesser asset, and significantly overrated Jones would be hilarious and good for the Sabres if we ever do get competitive in this division 

Was that quote floating around from Dubas legit? The one where he’s talking about ‘how do we get a guy like Jones?’

I think it was interesting if it was, that a guy who is taking a beating from the analytics community is getting endorsed by an analytics GM. It feeds my pet theory that people can read too much into the surface analytics of tough-use D on bad teams.  (Sorta like their +/-)

When I’ve watched him play (not at all this year) the guy looks fantastic.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Was that quote floating around from Dubas legit? The one where he’s talking about ‘how do we get a guy like Jones?’

I think it was interesting if it was, that a guy who is taking a beating from the analytics community is getting endorsed by an analytics GM. It feeds my pet theory that people can read too much into the surface analytics of tough-use D on bad teams.  (Sorta like their +/-)

When I’ve watched him play (not at all this year) the guy looks fantastic.

Pretty nice coincidence, it feeds into my pet theory too: That these guys often don't really know what they are doing, and that what they say in the media about "analytics" is mostly fan-service

The Leafs have added several players who go "against" the analytics mantra, that they'd target Jones isn't surprising. I'm also not saying he's a bad player - merely that he's not worth close to Marner 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.