OT: This time it might be aliens

Marvin

When considering the Fermi Paradox, one of the most important factors to consider is how insanely big the universe is.  The Milky Way alone is over 50,000 light years across.  So if the speed of light is indeed the limit of how fast one can travel, then right then and there you can immediately discard the notion of creatures from every single other galaxy in the universe as ever having a viable chance to visit earth.  There are over 2 trillion galaxies in the universe, but only creatures from our own would have a chance to visit us, and even then they would need to be relatively "close" from a Milky Way perspective.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Maybe Russians, Chinese, or likely our own people have leapfrogged in technology and regularly test it on our conventional military assets (which makes the most sense). They have been at this stuff nonstop since WW2. If somebody had a breakthrough in electromagnetic energy it would happen rather quick after that. I doubt ET is flying interdimensionally in a tiny craft that happens to be typical drone sized. If someone from WW1 era saw a B-2 they would swear it was aliens. 

I am not convinced in the least human kind has anything remotely close to the technology capable of not only anti-gravity effects for maneuvering reported, but the overwhelming energy required for propulsion to such speeds in a fricti9n rich atmosphere.

The amount of energy alone required for not only the 2 aforementioned subjects, but the lack of friction related halo's around the objects moving at speeds, again, in an atmosphere rich environment far exceeds anything known to man.

There was an internal ISO study done back in the early 2000's on the broad effects the US electrical grid was doing on the Earth's natural EMF, I can say it was a significant impact and although it wasn't stated outright in the report, it was heavily questioned on the earth's polarity, the ozone and a possible affect on increased surface discharge activity, i.e. lightning. Further study was needed but it wasn't funded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, #freejame said:

If it is confirmed aliens are scouting the earth does any sort of international action need to be taken?

I’ve heard that while it’s true that aliens are scouting the earth, they are just looking for a 1C.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I am not convinced in the least human kind has anything remotely close to the technology capable of not only anti-gravity effects for maneuvering reported, but the overwhelming energy required for propulsion to such speeds in a fricti9n rich atmosphere.

The amount of energy alone required for not only the 2 aforementioned subjects, but the lack of friction related halo's around the objects moving at speeds, again, in an atmosphere rich environment far exceeds anything known to man.

There was an internal ISO study done back in the early 2000's on the broad effects the US electrical grid was doing on the Earth's natural EMF, I can say it was a significant impact and although it wasn't stated outright in the report, it was heavily questioned on the earth's polarity, the ozone and a possible affect on increased surface discharge activity, i.e. lightning. Further study was needed but it wasn't funded.

The problem is the existence of aliens has yet to be established. But we do know humans are pretty smart and have invented some amazing things, like splitting the atom. All it would take is someone breaking through to harness electromagnetic energy and boom... that would also explain the relatively small size of the objects. Therefore logically, our best explanation might be human caused. Or it could be an elaborate hoax. A few alternatives to consider. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

So decorated Colonel Phillip Corso was a liar. I think not.

Travis Walton, Mike Rogers, Allan Dallis, David Whitlock, Greg Hayes and Bobby Cogdill were all liars. I think not.

Again, you aren’t gonna convince the doubters. 

I know multiple high ranking and well respected people within the special operations community that claim they were on missions guarding live WMD safe houses in Iraq, including a few high ranking EOD officials. Do you think it’s more likely they are wrong and inadvertently spreading falsehoods or do you think there was a giant international conspiracy to remove the WMDs from Iraq for whatever the purposes?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

So decorated Colonel Phillip Corso was a liar. I think not.

Travis Walton, Mike Rogers, Allan Dallis, David Whitlock, Greg Hayes and Bobby Cogdill were all liars. I think not.

Again, you aren’t gonna convince the doubters. 

Decorated vets can, and have been proven to be liars and crackpots in the past, so his status as a decorated vet isn’t terribly interesting to me.

I have no preconceived notions regarding what these people may have seen.  I will say, if it is not from earth, the day solid proof becomes public knowledge our world will change.  The social upheaval will be unprecedented.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The problem is the existence of aliens has yet to be established. But we do know humans are pretty smart and have invented some amazing things, like splitting the atom. All it would take is someone breaking through to harness electromagnetic energy and boom... that would also explain the relatively small size of the objects. Therefore logically, our best explanation might be human caused. Or it could be an elaborate hoax. A few alternatives to consider. 

But also, regardless of what we've been able to actually make real, we've certainly excelled at the ability to make things that LOOK real, be it through computer generated effects, and what have you.  The idea that there are immense fabrications of visual evidence is unlikely, but it's certainly less unlikely than the idea we are being physically visited by other life forms.

Edited by Thorny

55 minutes ago, Thorny said:

But also, regardless of what we've been able to actually make real, we've certainly excelled at the ability to make things that LOOK real, be it through computer generated effects, and what have you.  The idea that there are immense fabrications of visual evidence is unlikely, but it's certainly less unlikely than the idea we are being physically visited by other life forms.

Imagine if what they are really testing is some amazing focused mind ***** hardware.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Imagine if what they are really testing is some amazing focused mind ***** hardware.

Like, exactly. What's more likely? Aliens visiting physically? Or that? It's that

Aliens is strictly possible it's just not the most plausible theory, not close to it 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Like, exactly. What's more likely? Aliens visiting physically? Or that? It's that

Aliens is strictly possible it's just not the most plausible theory, not close to it 

The average distance between two random points in our galaxy is approximately radius * 4/pi = 422,800/pi light years, not counting its thickness.  If there are 10,000 uniformly distributed, interstellar civilisations across our galaxy, that puts them about 14 light-years apart.  (And we wouldn't be one of them.)  The odds of these being aliens are almost zilch.

Aliens are not the most plausible theory by a wide, wide margin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The average distance between two random points in our galaxy is approximately radius * 4/pi = 422,800/pi light years, not counting its thickness.  If there are 10,000 uniformly distributed, interstellar civilisations across our galaxy, that puts them about 14 light-years apart.  (And we wouldn't be one of them.)  The odds of these being aliens are almost zilch.

Aliens are not the most plausible theory by a wide, wide margin.

Not to mention something like a Dyson Sphere would be necessary for that type of intergalactic travel. I feel like if a star had a super structure harnessing it’s energy that we would be able to pick that up on some sort of device. 

Edited by #freejame
In 2005, FermiLab detected 17 potential "ambiguous" candidates, of which four have been named "amusing but still questionable".

5 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Not to mention something like a Dyson Sphere would be necessary for that type of intergalactic travel. I feel like if a star had a super structure harnessing it’s energy that we would be able to pick that up on some sort of device. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabby's_Star
Tabby’s Star was briefly thought to be a potential Dyson structure in progress as recently as 2017, but it has since been disproved. 

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And how much of what these opinions are based on will be totally disproven in 50 or 500 years? We understand the universe the way a dog understands MLB's balk rule.

I would have said the infield fly rule myself, but your point is well-taken.

We base what is possible in other potential civilizations by our own knowledge.  Fundamentally that's just wrong.

Imagine flying the most advanced aircraft the US has in its arsenal right now and flying it over Egypt during the time of the Pharaohs.  These people built some amazing things, but I feel comfortable that their brightest wouldn't be able to comprehend what was happening.

It's not impossible to imagine that there are things that exist that we, as a species, have not even been able to hypothesize about.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

And how much of what these opinions are based on will be totally disproven in 50 or 500 years? We understand the universe the way a dog understands MLB's balk rule.

We understand gravitational forces, and we also understand the galaxy Andromada, our closest galactic neighbor, is on a collision course with the Milky Way, our galaxy. There ago, we understand that traveling within our own galaxy gets the survival of our species nowhere, we will have to inter-stellar travel to survive.

And while we're on this planet, bickering amongst ourselves, killing each other,, over what are trivial subject matters for the species at large, the clock keeps ticking away and these universal bodies keep marching towards one another.

What a difference it would make if humanity joined together for its own survival, but we've proven time and again we are incapable of such behavior. I do wonder, aliens studying us, if they sit around with their version of "a cold one" watching us like some Thursday prime time sitcom.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You can just inset my name for The dog in this scenario 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.