15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

You inspired me.

My profile pic is almost a decade old.

Nice. I think mine is from a couple weeks ago

Needless to say my covid-flow has gotten even more overly long

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Casey Mittelstadt. Kind of funny if you ask me considering what we'd have thought of that coming into the season this year, and because of how much faith we are placing in a small sample size. But I think it'll be him. It could be Eakin on the checking line that gets the most minutes. 

I'd guess we see something like:

Mittelstadt

Cozens

Eakin

Girgensons/FA

Outside shot at Reinhart being the 1C or a Lindholm/Monahan 

If Eakin is still on the team next season, I have no faith this team will ever turn it around. 

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

If Eakin is still on the team next season, I have no faith this team will ever turn it around. 

He's under contract, though. When is the last time we saw his franchise send a respected, long time vet down to Rochester? Actually asking 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

He's under contract, though. When is the last time we saw his franchise send a respected, long time vet down to Rochester? Actually asking 

They buried Moulson in Ontario (California).

In Eakin's case I think burying him in Rochester would be a better option for the team financially than buying him out.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They buried Moulson in Ontario (California).

In Eakin's case I think burying him in Rochester would be a better option for the team financially than buying him out.

Thanks.

So ya, 4 years ago was the most recent one I guess. Don't see them doing it much, and there have been players since who have certainly deserved it. 

We also have to keep in mind that Eakin was *already* terrible when they brought him in. So him being terrible now isn't much of an argument for why he'll be sent to Roch. Hopefully the Krueger thing was a big factor (and lines towards the end of season could point to that) but we'll see

36 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Hmmmm...Shaone Morrison 2011-2012?  Been a while but with Karmanos aboard I am hoping to see some out of the ordinary player moves.  Eakin needs to go.  The Sabres continue to ice players that are literally the worst players in their profession.  They did sit him for a bit at the end of the season.  Maybe they’ve turned a corner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

As is the wont of this forum, we have wandered off the original premise of this thread.

When it's all said and done, who do you think will be our 1C next season?

I don’t think the 1C to start the season is on the roster yet. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Nice. I think mine is from a couple weeks ago

Needless to say my covid-flow has gotten even more overly long

Hey-sus, is that actually you?  Oy that’s a rough hair day.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t think the 1C to start the season is on the roster yet. 

That's why I posted all the 1-2Cs from around the league.  I would like to think that the cost of admission into the Eichel sweepstakes is a top-6 C if that's the direction KA goes.  (A different direction would be loading up on prospects... plus there could be a combination.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.