2021-22 Sabres 1C

Doohickie

Is it possible that GMKA winds up keeping both of them and Sabres sustain a roaring start out of the gate?  Or are they now preconditioned to not believe this after all these years.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I would do 7x6 or maybe even 8 yrs for Reinhart, but I really think he just wants to go elsewhere.

Generally teams are not able to clear $10m in space midseason.

Tampa cleared a bunch. Then brought it back for playoff. Find a guy or two to go IR.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Jack will be here, he's ours. 

Samson is basically un-tradable with just a year left on contract. 

What?  He is perfectly tradable.  His  value may be altered by his contract status but odds are his deal if traded will be conditional on an extension.  He is likely worth a 1st and an NHL player plus a conditional draft pick 

19 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

What, they will give us a big return on the hopes of signing him? I suppose it could happen...

Ryan O'Reilly was in the exact same position as Samson when he was traded to Buffalo for 2 recent first rounders and 2 high 2nds.

Signed a 7-year extension a week later.

I'm not worried about Samson's contract status affecting his return at all.

Semi-related, is what we got for ROR that much worse than what the Avs did?

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Ryan O'Reilly was in the exact same position as Samson when he was traded to Buffalo for 2 recent first rounders and 2 high 2nds.

So Samson would basically have a veto over the trade, right? That complicates things. Limits our options for sure 

19 minutes ago, Curt said:

Did you forget to take your meds or did you accidentally take them twice? 😉

Oh ha

20 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He will get the same package as ROR 

That’s kind of assuming a lot of things. Sam could just say no and wait until he is a free agent. Sure, perhaps it all lines up, and he wants to go to a certain place, and they want him now. Could happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

It very much complicates any trade possibility. Sure, not impossible, but a lot less likely 

It isn't. He is an RFA. Any team trading for him has no problem with the fact they can sign him long term. 

27 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So Samson would basically have a veto over the trade, right? That complicates things. Limits our options for sure 

Oh ha

That’s kind of assuming a lot of things. Sam could just say no and wait until he is a free agent. Sure, perhaps it all lines up, and he wants to go to a certain place, and they want him now. Could happen. 

Sam Reinhart has no power over where he gets traded to. Where are ppl getting these outlandish ideas that he is untradeable and can veto trades. 

He's an  RFA with arbitration rights. 

37 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yes. 

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It isn't. He is an RFA. Any team trading for him has no problem with the fact they can sign him long term. 

Sam Reinhart has no power over where he gets traded to. Where are ppl getting these outlandish ideas that he is untradeable and can veto trades. 

He's an  RFA with arbitration rights. 

Yes. 

Just for one more year. Why a team he might not sign with long term would give us a big return is beyond me. Sure, if he wants to be traded to a certain team that he could negotiate with makes some sense. 

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes. 

You think it’s that clear?

Grigorenko is trash and Jeremy Roy, the guy picked with our pick looks like he is too.

Zadorov and Compher are NHL regulars. Those two are somewhat better than Colin Miller and Tage Thompson, although Tage has a chance to even that up.

I think that if Ryan Johnson busts they did better, but if he develops into a player, we did better.

Why do you disagree?

Edited by dudacek

54 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

I’m getting tunnel vision for Zegras but that’s because it was such a joy watching and rooting for him in the WJC.

He is great obviously, but I worry a little that he might not stick at C.  Nit picking because even at W he could be a dynamic guy who controls plays.  Just would prefer a more true 2-way guy ideally.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You think it’s that clear?

Grigorenko is trash and Jeremy Roy, the guy picked with our pick looks like he is too.

Zadorov and Compher are NHL regulars. Those two are somewhat better than Colin Miller and Tage Thompson, although Tage has a chance to even that up.

I think that if Ryan Johnson busts they did better, but if he develops into a player, we did better.

Why do you disagree?

ROR was a better player when we traded him and proceeded to immediately win a cup and be the best player on his team. 

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If they are trading both Eichel and Reinhart, That’s First Line Center Cody Eakin next year. 

Eh wot?  You think they can't find a centre better than Eakin in an Eichel trade, a Reinhart trade, a Ristolainen trade, in free agency, or anything else?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.