taking the forums Temperature

Crusader1969

testing the waters  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept this offer for Jack? Quinton Byfield, Alex Turcotte, Akil Thomas, LA Kings 2021 1st Round Pick

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

My minimal requirement is

Byfield

Turcotte/Vilardi

A Lottery protected 2021 1st

A Top 3 protected 2022 1st

The conditions are the 2021 Pick can be pushed off but we then get the 2022 & 2023 1st Unprotected 

The 2022 pick can be pushed off otherwise to an unprotected 1st in 2023

Vilardi’s back scares me. I would rather get Kaliyev or Bjornfot than a first this season. 

20 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

My minimal requirement is

Byfield

Turcotte/Vilardi

A Lottery protected 2021 1st

A Top 3 protected 2022 1st

The conditions are the 2021 Pick can be pushed off but we then get the 2022 & 2023 1st Unprotected 

The 2022 pick can be pushed off otherwise to an unprotected 1st in 2023

Vilardi’s back scares me. I would rather get Kaliyev or Bjornfot than a first this season. 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If this offer was made after the 19-20 season maybe the Kings would bite. Now?   No way you are getting that return for a broken and disgruntled Eichel.  

Broken sure but disgruntled is meaningless to his value. There’s no must trade clause 

My concern if we trade Eichel for anyone:  If so many players are disgruntled on this team, what makes us think that anyone coming in via a trade would be gruntled?  I understand they would not have been through the last 10 wasted years here, but they surely are aware of the plight of the Sabres.  Who would be happy coming here at this moment?  Would trading one unhappy player for a few other soon-to-be unhappy players help us in the immediate?

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

Well, the forum is in favor of it, but just very slightly.

I had a different poll up that was about 50/50 when I took it down - I took it down because I felt it clumsy and lacking nuance - it's tough to narrow a complex situation like this down to a simplified "vote". 

This is a fun poll, and I even voted in the affirmative, but as I said I wouldn't actually make the trade given the choice to not. I only make it under the scenario where it's already determined we are trading Jack and we can't deal him for Now players 

If Reinhart is also moved, next year's centers would be Mittelstadt, Cozens, Turcotte, and Byfield.

One of those guys is probably best slotted as the 3rd line center and the other 3 should spend time in the AHL next season.

So, next couple of seasons, suffering, yadda, yadda, yadda...

11 minutes ago, jad1 said:

If Reinhart is also moved, next year's centers would be Mittelstadt, Cozens, Turcotte, and Byfield.

One of those guys is probably best slotted as the 3rd line center and the other 3 should spend time in the AHL next season.

So, next couple of seasons, suffering, yadda, yadda, yadda...

How many times do we have to see a new GM come in (and finish last) and do the same "take some steps back" thing in pursuit of Their rebuild before we realize that it's par for the course? 

The tank goes without saying.

Botterill and his "Dahlin makes it easier to tear things down to the studs"

KA and the direction we seem to be going.

Do we need to keep Kevyn Adams as GM even if we are completely terrible? Otherwise, we'll just lose our only good players to the next GM.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, ubkev said:

I'm still in country. Just not one of the places that speak English, or use fahrenheit.

Where in the US do they not use Farenheit?  It's like the only part of our measurement system that actually is better than metric.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Where in the US do they not use Farenheit?  It's like the only part of our measurement system that actually is better than metric.

PR. They all have their thermometers set to C. Even my barber in Pennsylvania has his thermometer set to C. Puerto Ricans love Celsius.

13 minutes ago, ubkev said:

PR. They all have their thermometers set to C. Even my barber in Pennsylvania has his thermometer set to C. Puerto Ricans love Celsius.

I've been there a few times and never noticed.  I love Puerto Rico.  

53 minutes ago, Curt said:

Can we schedule the carpal tunnel surgery, or do we need to wait until after 12 weeks of rest?  @Thorny would you like a 2nd opinion?

I don't type, I dictate to my man-servant. 

"What's best for Thorny" is my motto 

Edited by Thorny
send help! - jeeves
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I've been there a few times and never noticed.  I love Puerto Rico.  

I only noticed because I have to have my temperature taken every time I go inside a building. 

Oh, and I also love Puerto Rico!

14 hours ago, RangerDave said:

My concern if we trade Eichel for anyone:  If so many players are disgruntled on this team, what makes us think that anyone coming in via a trade would be gruntled?  I understand they would not have been through the last 10 wasted years here, but they surely are aware of the plight of the Sabres.  Who would be happy coming here at this moment?  Would trading one unhappy player for a few other soon-to-be unhappy players help us in the immediate?

I think if Eichel is moved it has to be for two proven players that at least under contract for 2 (or more seasons), 2 draft picks and a top 5 prospect. That way hopefully the two coming can have someone can relate too and with said contract status they can see how the team develops with them, if they bolt we can draft two replacements and safeguard a possible bust with a top end prospect too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.