Sam Reinhart, team leader

LGR4GM

I find it hard to gauge Reinhart’s leadership with the Sabres but he has had that role before. Captain of the Kootenay Ice, Captain of Team Canada at the Hlinka U18. Captain of Team Canada at the IIHF U18 and Assistant Captain for Team Canada at the IIHF U20.

I would like to see him extend with the Sabres and be a candidate for the C.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/13/2021 at 9:18 AM, LGR4GM said:

Frank Seravelli on WGR just said the view of Sam outside of Buffalo is that he is a leader. It is believed he is well liked in the room and has gotten better every year. Also mentioned there is a big disconnect between how Sam is perceived by local media in interviews and how he truly is behind closed doors. 

Says Reinhart may see himself as part of the solution for Buffalo getting better. 

Go to WGR and at the 9:14 ish mark of howard and jeremy you can find the audio. 

Paul Hamilton dropped of a heart attack on the spot while listening to WGR during this interview.🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I find it hard to gauge Reinhart’s leadership with the Sabres but he has had that role before. Captain of the Kootenay Ice, Captain of Team Canada at the Hlinka U18. Captain of Team Canada at the IIHF U18 and Assistant Captain for Team Canada at the IIHF U20.

I would like to see him extend with the Sabres and be a candidate for the C.

I certainly would like to see him extended and if Jack is traded, yes I think with an extension he should  a candidate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

I don't think Sam was a 1C this season, do you?

Maybe on the low end?

He's not a top 20 centre.

The way he was playing to finish the year he would be maybe a 21-50 kinda guy?

But he is serviceable enough in that role to insulate Mitts and Dylan.

(I also think if he Brendan Gallagher or Chris Kreider on his flank instead of Jeff Skinner and Nader Bjork he would have had more assists, but I know that's touchy subject 😜)

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Unlikable person, very good player, and out of Buffalo as soon as possible? 😜

His on ice demeanor. His numbers. He, too, would have been playing wing on that Avs team that had 17 centers on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He's not a top 20 centre.

The way he was playing to finish the year he would be maybe a 21-50 kinda guy?

But he is serviceable enough in that role to insulate Mitts and Dylan.

(I also think if he Brendan Gallagher or Chris Kreider on his flank instead of Jeff Skinner and Nader Bjork he would have had more assists, but I know that's touchy subject 😜)

But then he'd probably have less goals. Skinner was the one getting more assists than normal 

I don't need Reinhart to be a top 20 center. I ideally need him as my #2 center with veteran presence who gets how to grind out a win but also drops 50-60pts a year. So he's just gotta be in that 21-30 range at center. 

He's never going to be a top 20 center, that's okay we will need him before the end. 

• Like (+1) 2

What is a top 20 centre in people’s minds? Is it a guy who puts up 80 points?  

Tavares puts up points but I would much rather have Reinhart and everything he does, especially in a playoff series (cue Colts “Playoffs?” Video)

The Drury comparison is pretty solid. Not a top offensive centre but a super important one for team success.

22 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What is a top 20 centre in people’s minds? Is it a guy who puts up 80 points?  

Tavares puts up points but I would much rather have Reinhart and everything he does, especially in a playoff series (cue Colts “Playoffs?” Video)

The Drury comparison is pretty solid. Not a top offensive centre but a super important one for team success.

You’d rather have Reinhart than Tavares? Have you ever watched a hockey game in your life?

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

You’d rather have Reinhart than Tavares? Have you ever watched a hockey game in your life?

I think he means John Tavares, not John Tavares. Why would you want a lacrosse player (all-time leading scorer or not) on your hockey team over Sam Reinhart?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Reinhart is Drury.

One thing about Drury. Game on the line. Mr. Clutch! Sometimes it's not how many goals but when they count. Peoplehere that try to put him down because Gollisano, Quinn and company screwed up. Put on reality glasses and take off your super fandom spectacles.

Edited by Radar

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

One thing about Drury. Game on the line. Mr. Clutch! Sometimes it's not how many goals but when they count. Peoplehere that try to put him down because Gollisano, Quinn and company screwed up. Put on reality glasses and take off your super fandom spectacles.

So he's better because he's more dramatic? Hey Chris, how 'bout scoring 5v5 so you don't have to 6v5.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So he's better because he's more dramatic? Hey Chris, how 'bout scoring 5v5 so you don't have to 6v5.

Please. Go anywhere but Buffalo and your comment would be laughed at.

6 minutes ago, Radar said:

Sorry. Hard to tell. Well anyway it was laughable.

I don't think that Drury was as good as his late game heroics had people believe. Many of which were the result of Lindy shortening the bench and putting him together with Briere.

I still think Reinhart is Drury and would love to see what he could have done on that team.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well if he is a leader, it will likely be leading another team.

Maybe we can trade them both (and throw in the tandem bike) to LA.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/sabres-sam-reinhart-wants-to-play-canucks-west-coast

Lol daily hive. 

Let me explain this story, Sam is from Vancouver, they heard he may want out, they wrote this. 

Also stop posting it in multiple threads. 

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol daily hive. 

Let me explain this story, Sam is from Vancouver, they heard he may want out, they wrote this. 

Also stop posting it in multiple threads. 

Right. People here never spread their favorite opinions like Johnny Appleseed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.