US Men's National Team Roster: 2021 World Cup May 21-June 6

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

I know he does but:

1) Guenther hasn’t looked that good. His U18 was an eye opener.

2) You can cheer for your guy without baselessly knocking another prospect.

I dont understand  why you're  using u18 ? So his success last year and this year are just gone ? He had 7 points  in 7 games its  Ridiculous that you don't want to draft him  because of that?

Real talk so when MacKinnon had 1 point in 7 games his draft year in world jrs where his teamate Drouin had 4 points  did you cross him off the list ? 

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Safe doesn't necessarily mean bad though. Quinn was a riskier pick than Lundell and I'd rather have Lundell 

No that was just a  Idiotic pick 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I dont understand  why you're  using u18 ? So his success last year and this year are just gone ? He had 7 points  in 7 games its  Ridiculous that you don't want to draft him  because of that?

Real talk so when MacKinnon had 1 point in 7 games his draft year in world jrs where his teamate Drouin had 4 points  did you cross him off the list ? 

You lost me.  I was talking about what the people in Lansing and Ann Arbor are telling me.  I figure his base looks like a 20 goal play-making centre.  That's hardly a failure and we will need centres in the worst way.  I am not talking about a "safe" pick.  I value wingers behind both centres and defencemen unless my team is set at centre and defence.

As of now, I would not plan on that.  Moreover,  I expect it will be easier to extract high-end wingers in Eichel and Reinhart trades than centres.  Hence, another wing looks redundant.  Therefore, I think the (probably) very good centre is more necessary than the potentially (far-)better scoring winger.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Real talk, Guenther was no great shakes last year either. He was good, not great. You are taking one 12 game stretch in a very disjointed WHL season to make your basis of a 100 point winger. I don’t see it. He was outplayed at the U18 by guys ranked much lower then him. He should have stepped forward and dominated but instead he was a passenger.

Nothing in Guenther screams top pick to me. 

And why do you keep making this MacKinnon comparison? MacKinnon played in the U20 in his draft year, not the U18.  Guenther was 7th or 8th leading scorer on his own team while playing top line minutes and top PP time.  If anyone watched the games they knew MacKinnon was the better player than Drouin. Especially during the Memorial Cup run.

6 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Real talk, Guenther was no great shakes last year either. He was good, not great. You are taking one 12 game stretch in a very disjointed WHL season to make your basis of a 100 point winger. I don’t see it. He was outplayed at the U18 by guys ranked much lower then him. He should have stepped forward and dominated but instead he was a passenger.

Nothing in Guenther screams top pick to me. 

And why do you keep making this MacKinnon comparison? MacKinnon played in the U20 in his draft year, not the U18.  Guenther was 7th or 8th leading scorer on his own team while playing top line minutes and top PP time.  If anyone watched the games they knew MacKinnon was the better player than Drouin. Especially during the Memorial Cup run.

What are you talking about he was outstanding last year and was WHL rookie of the year and 2nd place in the chl for rookie of the year just ost to wright.

Why do i keep talking about MacKinnon beacuse you're  saying hes not good because of u18 yet Mackinnon sucked when he was captain but apparently his draft value didn't  change 

Edited by Buffalonill

9 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

What are you talking about he was outstanding last year and was WHL rookie of the year and 2nd place in the chl for rookie of the year just ost to wright.

Why do i keep talking about MacKinnon beacuse you're  saying hes not good because of u18 yet Mackinnon sucked when he was captain but apparently his draft value didn't  change 

I’m not a fan of Guenther, simple as that. I don’t see this 90-100 point difference maker you keep pimping. I see a passenger on a line, a guy that needs someone else drive the play and get him the puck.  Not a guy I want to spend a top pick on.

People might disagree but we should draft Guenther or Eklund we will be in the position to draft  centers next year savoie, wright ,cooley,mcgroarty etc  Next year is the year of the centres 

Why waste it on a guy that will behind them and cozens ? He will just be on the 3rd line 

Edited by Buffalonill

37 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

People might disagree but we should draft Guenther or Eklund we will be in the position to draft  centers next year savoie, wright ,cooley,mcgroarty etc  Next year is the year of the centres 

Why waste it on a guy that will behind them and cozens ? He will just be on the 3rd line 

What I’ve taken from this is that your keyboard does, in fact, have punctuation keys. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been curious. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.